10:59 PM

Thrive by Krista & Becca Ritchie | Rating: ★★★★★  

It is bigger than an I love you. It is a declaration that solidifies what I’ve known for so long. We aren’t connected by our addictions. But by our childhood. Souls fused together from the very, very start.

Do you ever read a book and wonder--for a moment, after you put it down and absorb everything--how did I go so long without knowing these characters? Page after page, the further I dive into the lives of the characters, I can't help but to love each one of them. Krista and Becca Ritchie captivate me with their words and their character development in a way that is so hard to describe because it just touches something inside me. For as long as I live, these stories will mean the world to me and Thrive is a reminder.

How can I describe Thrive? It's a whirlwind of every damn thing you'd expect from this dynamic duo. Thrive, like the entire world its set within, is like nothing I've ever read before in NA. Everything about this novel is beautiful and emotionally gripping, it is something that takes you by your collar and says listen. What I can't stress enough is how intelligent and truthful the path is. One of the most important things to know about this series is that it's beautifully written and filled with so much heart and soul, you'll be left feeling like you've discovered a new friend. I couldn't stop highlighting Thrive and found myself scoffing again at the fact that I didn't purchase a physical copy.


But that's not important. Let's talk story. No spoilers.

God, I love these two.

(And everyone.)

As always, there's the tone of complete honesty that grips us readers and takes us on a journey; side by side with Lo and Lily. We've known their addictions and the struggles that come with it. We've watched not only their relationship grow, but both Lily Calloway and Loren Hale grow as individuals and yet Krista and Becca take us even deeper (sh) than before in this full-length companion novel. I'm never going to get over the personal feeling that comes with every chapter of this series but I genuinely feel like I've got a connection to these characters in a way I'm not sure I've ever (or will ever again) feel.

While I truly love all the characters--and their journey and friendships and romance--Lily and Lo will always have a special place in my heart. We've known them the longest. By far, Thrive is the most emotionally charged and inspiring addition to the series line-up yet (I don't doubt this will change as the stories progress, that's the thing about K & B: they keep outdoing themselves) and I have to admit I found myself breathless by many things. It's just such an honor to witness the growth of these two. Lily and Lo grow in real time, intimately and very realistically.

I will leave you with one thing and one thing only: this series will have your heart. And it won't ever let go.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate