Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

4:13 PM

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas | Rating: ★★★★★

“I would have waited five hundred more years for you. A thousand years. And if this was all the time we were allowed to have... the wait was worth it.”

You know when you read a series that is just so consistently good you have a bloody book hangover for days and days afterwards? Well, this is THAT series. Truly, Sarah J. Maas (hand-clap emoji) did (hand-clap emoji) t h a t . She is *that* b*tch and it is glorious.

Of the following things to note, this story will
A.) Make you swoon.
B.) Make you cry.
C.) Make you scream.
And lastly, D.) Make you need a massive bottle of wine, an entire pot of coffee or whatever your favourite drink is. Heck, you can go wild on an XXL Icee or tap water. The point is... I need a drink.

(Also I am very thirsty for Feyre. And Nesta. Call me out.)

Because the book is still relatively new and I am sure not everyone is caught up, I won't spoil everything. Is there a certain kind of--perhaps new--darkness to it? Yes and no--it's certainly longer, more in depth and full of war, love, loss and moving forward. As always, it is sexy and thrilling; heartfelt and heartbreaking. I loved that we saw things progress in the speed that it had because everything in its pacing was excellent.

What I loved most was how this arch wrapped itself up. In true fashion, it was so easy to devour quickly. You'll gasp. You'll hope for safety and redemption and a moment of calm amongst both horror and glory. Easily one of my favourite fantasy books this year--you cannot miss this one!

I'm only disappointed this is the last one (at least I think) to circle around Feyre. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate