Scribd is Free for the Next Month! | 30 Great Audiobooks and eBooks to Check Out

7:00 AM

Last week, in the midst of nearly everything temporarily shutting down due to coronavirus, Scribd announced that it'd be making its entire catalogue (which includes a variety of books, audiobooks and magazines) free for the next month (no credit card or commitment required: click here to take advantage of this offer) to combat boredom during social distancing.

And as Scribd is one of my favourite bookish apps, I figured now was as good a time as any to share some recommendations.

Did I listen to the audiobook for Chain of Gold only a week after reading the novel for the first time? YEP. And, duh, spoiler alert: the audiobook is just as magical as the physical book. While you're here, yes, I definitely recommend all of the audiobooks of Cassandra Clare's work. Saving Zoe is a novel I read a long, long, LONG, time ago, and because I just watched the film adaptation I figured I'd give the audiobook a try. It took me a bit to adjust to the narrator, and I think I prefer the film, but it's still a highly emotional story. And, honestly, do I even have to explain why you should read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo?

My Friend Anna is an intriguing non-fiction release. Give me all the con-artist books. GIVE. ME. THEM. NOW. I don't really have to explain why The Hate U Give is on here--it is one of the most powerful YA novels of our time. And if you thought The Poet X was gorgeous on paper, it shines even brighter as an audiobook.

On the Come Up is another book that is breathtaking on page and even more stunning out-loud. It's safe to say that Angie Thomas is IT. And both of her books are on my YA required reading list for all ages. Anna K is a fun, dishy and indulgent novel that serves major Gossip Girl vibes and is a retelling of Anna Karenina--you already know I love all three, so duh, I have to recommend that. As for Of Curses and Kisses, I've only just started it but already love it--Sandhya Menon does it again.

Lolita never fails to disturb me--but the story that inspired it makes my heart-ache even more. The Real Lolita is a great read for anyone seeking some non-fiction to curl up. The Dinner List, meanwhile, offers a little bit of a lighter edge to it. While You All Grow Up and Leave Me takes on a subtly chilling tone. It's all about the balance.

I think at this point you guys already know that Don't You Forget About Me is a special-to-me book and one of those novels I'm always recommending. I can't help it! As for Pulp: THIS BOOK IS SO UNDERRATED. To wrap up my audiobook recommendations, it's time to give a nod to everyone's favourite stalker: hello, You

 Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate