Top Ten Tuesday (#15): Best of 2018 So Far

2:25 PM

Happy Tuesday, everyone! You know what that means! Time for this week's Top Ten Tuesday entry.

I am super excited for this weeks theme--BEST OF 2018, SO FAR! Colour me stoked. For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at.

Each week, we receive a new topic to discuss on Tuesdays. It serves as a fun way to get to know one another in the book blogging community and is by far one of my favourite parts about blogging.

This year has been an incredible year for literature once more and so many books have hit the right spot for me. Narrowing down the list to ten was quite difficult, but I put on my big girl pants; chugged a massive cup of coffee and managed to pick ten of my favourites in between my rereading of Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.


BEST OF 2018 (SO FAR)


Miss Subways is purely magical and romantic. As always, Duchovny's prose is smooth, brilliant and thoughtful. S.T.A.G.S. is one of my favourite YA thrillers in ages for its fast paced plotlines and eerily dark prose


The Poet X is one of the most thought-provoking novels of the year and is formatted in one of the most stunning ways. Legendary remains my favourite YA fantasy read of the year for the vivid tale Garber pens and expands upon. 


Both A Dark Eternity and Glass Girl. are some seriously underrated releases of 2018. Nissa Leder proves once more that she is one of the most promising voices in indie fantasy and Jessyca Thibault provides readers with some of the most intimate prose I've read this year. 


There's a reason that everyone has been hyping up Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone in the Dark--it is one of the best true crime novels in our day and will chill you to the bone. On a lighter note, Krista and Becca Ritchie didn't come to play with their latest installment of their highly romantic Like Us series and reminded me for the billionth time why they are two of my favourite authors. 


Maureen Johnson has been one of my go-to authors since high school and Truly Devious is, frankly, her best work to date. I couldn't put it down. Curtis Sittenfeld, like Johnson, is another author I've been reading for years and the short stories in You Think It, I'll Say It, pack a serious punch. 

What are some of your favourite books of 2018?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate