Review: All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

3:01 PM

All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover | Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3.5)

“When you meet someone who is good for you, they won’t fill you with insecurities by focusing on your flaws. They’ll fill you with inspiration, because they’ll focus on all the best parts of you.” 

There's something truly special about how Colleen Hoover writes love stories. All Your Perfects is a definite show of this and reminds readers what makes her novels so beloved.

We read to feel. Hoover is more than happy to oblige us in a story packed with intensity and emotion. I laughed, I cried, I swooned and I hoped. If anything is to be said about this particular release, it's this: keep tissues on hand and prepare yourself for every emotion possible. All Your Perfects is a book that will leave you wrecked in the best way possible.

Hoover captivated me from the start of this one and I didn't give myself much of a chance to part with this book. It was nearly a read-in-one-sitting book. Even the weather seemed to fit the mood with All Your Perfects; it was sunny, then rainy, then back to sunny. For every high, there was a low--but there was always a bit of optimism found within the pages of All Your Perfects that reminds readers of the resilience of the human spirit.




Before I get in depth on All Your Perfects, I should clarify a few things. I know very little about the struggles of infertility beyond my mother's own struggles with it. Because of this, I don't feel quite comfortable in stating whether or not this is a portrayal of it that is (A) accurate (based on reviews, however, it is) or (B) something that could be potentially triggering for women in particular. That being said: the journey that we go on with Quinn and Graham is as gut wrenching as it is magical.

I loved that the story was told in a split timeline. Something like then vs. now. The way that Quinn and Graham meet is bittersweet, due to circumstances, but so very promising and hopeful. As readers, we get to see their relationship grow from a very intimate standpoint and their chemistry is pretty much there from the start.

Flash forward to Now. Quinn and Graham are married. Like many marriages (and relationships in general) we are faced with many bumps. In their case, their marriage is at a standstill and their struggles with infertility are very... raw.

Painful is the word that comes to mind.

These chapters--and the way they tie into the past--will leave something crackling inside of you. You root for these two nonstop. You hurt for them. Everything about All Your Perfects is intensely intimate and there's no way around it. Quinn and Graham will get under your skin in the best way possible.

While there were some portions of All Your Perfects that I struggled with, the novel was still a read that left you feeling both chilly and warm; not unlike life. I really and truly enjoyed it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate