Review: Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3) by Josephine Angelini

3:47 PM

Witch's Pyre by Josephine Angelini | Rating: ★★★★★

"I believe our choices make our experiences and our worlds."

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact that I did not explode when I finally got my hands on this book? I am shocked! I was beginning to think I'd never get the chance to sit back and read it. Then, I procrastinated a bit because I didn't want to say goodbye to the series. It was just too good!

Nearly two years after its original publication, I finally read the highly anticipated conclusion to Josephine Angelini's vastly underrated Worldwalker series. And honestly? I'm a mess. I'm a pile of emotions.Witch's Pyre exceeded all of my expectations and I adored it. Like the previous two books in the trilogy, Witch's Pyre was intense and full of magical intrigue and highly addictive.

Like the pyre itself, Witch's Pyre was a fiery sort of read that will absolutely leave readers breathless long after they flip to its final pages. As far as finales go, this was one of my favourites because it was packed with action and romance and friendship, as worlds collided and fates were sealed. I loved the worldbuilding once more and found myself in awe over how enthralling the plots and settings were. Angelini is BRILLIANT at tying things together and I loved nearly every inch of this book.




After the ending of the second installment, I was concerned for everyone in Witch's Pyre. So much has happened since the humble beginnings of the first book, Trial By Fire, and I was a pool of fear at what the endgame could possibly be. In a way, everything from this series has been building up for the moment it all concludes and in so many ways, Witch's Pyre serves as a beginning, too.

(Please! Make! A! Spin-off! Josephine!)

Throughout Witch's Pyre, there were many twists and turns and revelations. All of these moments are explosive and full of suspense. A lot of which foreshadow how the series was always destined to end--Angelini makes sure to leave the series on a high note.

We said goodbye to Lily's Tristan, and now we see the aftermath of his loss throughout the group. It is bittersweet. Tristan isn't the only character we are forced to say goodbye to. I won't spoil who is killed off in Witch's Pyre, but I will say one was shocking and the other was not. Still, there was a lot to be said about various forms of redemption and just how new characters tie into it.

Aside from the many returning characters--Una, Breakfast, Tristan, Rowan, Juliet, Lily, Lilian, Carrick, etc--we meet a new cast of characters that weave effortlessly into the premise of Witch's Pyre.

It's a little late in the game to add more characters and layers to the world in which the novel is set, but Angelini was more than up to the task. And it truly does set the stage for a blistering finale that feels ultimately satisfying.

From new characters, new settings, and new risks, Witch's Pyre proves to be a thrilling ride. I am going to miss these characters so much!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate