Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Make Me Smile (#98)

11:00 PM

Woo, woo! Still catching up with prompts. Fortunately for me, there was a freebie week this week! And nothing says, "Jessica has good timing for once!" quite like listing a few books that make me smile.

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.
Gossip Girl may be certifiable trash (and I definitely hold a grudge against the television adaptation for its own messes) but it's one of my comfort reads and I'm sticking to that. Something about fiery trash decked out in pearls makes me comfortable, okay? Speaking of fiery, Fuel the Fire. Don't ask me why it makes me smile. It's just... Rose and Connor. 
Well, Sweetbitter does more than make me smile. I laugh. I roll my eyes. I cringe in annoyance and/or embarrassment. Doesn't make me love it any less. Somehow, it just always puts me in a good mood. And Everything Leads to You is just... SO SOFT. Whenever I need a boost, if I just look at its cover I get a little dopey grin on my face.
American Royals is basically Gossip Girl but in an AU America with royals. Honestly I don't think I have to elaborate that one. Crave is Twilight minus the offensive bits, now with more DRAGONS. It's just cheesy fun. Oh! Did I mention there's a dragon?
If you're ever looking for some Gilmore Girl's smalltown vibes, without being stuck in a quirky smalltown, Well Met is the way to go. The banter alone coaxes a grin out of me. It's such a swoon-worthy romance. And The Proposal is just... *chefs kiss* totally smile inducing. 
Honestly, everything I said about Well Met and The Proposal can be applied here. GIMME. Inject it into my veins.
Find me on Instagram, Tik Tok and/or Twitter. 
I support Black Lives Matter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate