Jughead Jones and Food is the ONLY OTP (Review: Jughead #3 by Chip Zdarsky & Erica Henderson)

11:54 AM

Jughead (2015) #3 by Chip Rating: ★★★★★ 

SO. So. You guys know how I said that Issue #2 was my new favourite in this reboot of Jughead? I lied. I mean... in my defense, it's entirely because I didn't expect them to go all The Man From U.N.C.L.E on my ass. But here we are. The third installment of the phenomenal re-imagined Jughead is even better than the first two. I loved the tone of conspiracy and humour to it. Everything played out well and the artwork is just as nice as ever.

Picking up immediately where #2 left off, we find our boy in some hot water over an incident at school. Cleaning up after this mess isn't easy especially when you consider how much the new staff at school seems to hate Jughead. He is definitely a nuisance in their eyes which is hilariously true--he is Jughead Jones, after-all. His best friend is Archie Andrews. You get the picture.

Riverdale is just as fun and full of trickery as ever. There's something teasingly witty about this issue and I found moments to be more funny than they probably were. Once more, we strike gold with a Jughead Jones dream sequence. I love all the references they sneak in those and this issue is no different. In fact, while I loved their spin on Game of Thrones, I loved this U.N.C.L.E reference more.


The theories of who the new staff at the high school are outlandish and funny. I personally enjoyed how it was worked into Juggy's dream sequence and loved the idea of them all being spies. It combined a lot of silly tropes and kept things lighthearted and interesting, especially now that Jughead seems to think he is on to something outside of the dream. 


Jughead #3 hits all the right marks and proves to be thoroughly entertaining. In all its humour and colours, it is proof that Archie Comics are timeless and will never go out of style.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate