3:22 PM

Ms. Manwhore by Katy Evans | Rating: ★★★☆☆

Because I love him.
Because when I look into his eyes, nothing else exists but him.
Because even when I don’t look into his eyes, nothing else exists but him.


From hot and heavy to sweet and heartfelt, Katy Evans has a way of getting her readers invested in her stories. Manwhore was good and surprised me, Manwhore +1 furthered my interest in the love story between Rachel and Malcolm and I've heard nothing but good things about many of her other novels. But, Ms. Manwhore was pretty lackluster and a bit too clichéd compared to the first two installments. I just felt very bored the entire time I read it--because it wasn't awful but it just wasn't filled with the same spark as the first two of the series.

If it had been a full-length novel, perhaps their "happily ever after" would have compelled me more. As happy as I was to see how their story tied up I do wish it wasn't a novella; there was so much more of a story to tell about their vows and the wedding. I felt like something was missing the entire time I was reading it and even though I did enjoy it for the most part, I just think it could have been better. Perhaps, I was just picky about it.


On the plus side, there are some seriously steamy scenes and quite a few nice scenes that will make your heart beat quickly in happiness. Evans once again nails the vulnerability that comes with romance and I think that is the novellas biggest saving grace. Again, you can't help but to root for the main relationship and it just made me smile to see where their endgame was reached.

I do wish we had seen more of Rachel's friendships and her mother, as well as Malcolm's friends. I felt a little bit of a cop-out when it came to the previous novel tying up (or not tying up) the relationship between Malcolm and his father. I appreciate it for what it was but I still wish there had been some closure in a showdown that was bigger than life.

The same can be said about Rachel and her former job through the transition of her new one, as well as the former co-worker who ratted her out to the press and nearly ruined her relationship and career in one clean swipe. I don't know what to make of the run-in between them during (Before? After?) the wedding. It was completely awkward and just served nothing to the plot, in my opinion.

For the most part, I think fans will be satisfied to see the final chapter of this lovestory and would heavily recommend it to fans of Evans as well as those of you who love NA romance. It's not going to be for everyone, but it's still a pretty fun read.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate