Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

4:29 PM

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas | Rating: ★★★★★

I have one thing to get off my chest before gathering my thoughts: HOLY CRAP IN A SACK, WHY DID I PROCRASTINATE READING THIS FOR SO BLOODY LONG?! I'm serious. I know, I know, I know I should have listened to you guys ages ago about Sarah J. Maas but I'm stubborn and lazy and well actually mostly just lazy. All that matters is I got here--right? Just say yes.

Phew.

To say that A Court of Thorns and Roses was a wildly entertaining ride would be an absolute injustice to it. Because it was so much more than just fun and consistently captivating. I haven't had something literature related fuck-me-up so badly in ages (that's a lie but it's mostly not a lie if you close your eyes) but here we are. Sarah J. Maas, will you at least do me a solid and take me to dinner before screwing my emotions like this, mate? No? Fair.

Real talk: the hype surrounding this book, this series, is not unfounded. It's just brilliant in terms of magic and engrossing plots as well as seriously lovable (and hate-able) characters. Swooning over how perfect (I actually purred while typing perfect, if you need to mock something) Feyre is.
I would actually propose to her if that wasn't frowned upon, you know, given that she isn't real (shut up!) and if she were she'd probably punch me. To which I'd utter a dozen thank-yous and probably die a happy, fulfilled life.

And the other characters? I'm so intrigued by them all... Feyre's sisters, Nesta and Elain, Lucien, Rhysand, Tamlin, etc etc. I thought that the banter between a lot of characters (see: Feyre 'actual-Sass-Machine' Archeron communicating with literally anyone's bullshit) and can't wait to see the way the plots/relationships develop over the course of the next two books. I'm honestly so hung up on these characters already. Like, slap my knee and call me a total Faerie sucker (get your mind out of the gutter, thanks) but I'm hooked.

Completely hooked! To sum it up, A Court of Thorns and Roses is fantasy YA at its finest. Rocking characters. Steamy romances. Sizzling action. I'm completely obsessed and ready to devour the rest of the series and face my inevitable book hangover like High Lady I am. Cheers, S.J.M., you magical lady, you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate