Book Chat: 101 Thoughts I Had While Reading Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare (Absolutely Not Spoiler Free)

4:28 PM

TURN BACK IF YOU HAVE YET TO READ QUEEN OF AIR AND DARKNESS 
Seriously. Now.




Because my review of the book is A LOT. I'm so fragile after finishing this beast of a book. 

Also, I've always wanted to do a live tweet style reaction post.  


Let's do this! 


LAST CHANCE (!!!)
TO TURN AWAY FROM SPOILERS...

  1. I love the Blackthorns and THIS IS ALL SO UNFAIR, SEND TWEET. I'm going to cry. It's been two seconds and I'm crying. Why didn't this book come with free tissues? Why? WHY?
  2. Early Malec moment continuing the tradition of this whole ass series hurting my heart and soul and BY THE ANGEL, MAKE IT STOP. pls. 
  3. I see you and your accurate and insanely tense and painful way you portray grief, Cassie. Also I take back my previous tissue remark the book should come with tissues, ice cream, tequila and a sledgehammer. For science? For Livvy? For-- 
  4. Shadowhunters, as in humanity, never learn from their damn prejudice mindsets. 
  5. Horace. Is. Insufferable. Die. 
  6. ON THE BRIGHTSIDE: KIT IS A CUPCAKE. I WOULD DIE FOR YOU, KIT. Well, maybe not, but like I'd at the least take a demon tooth to my eyeball for you. Which... come to think of it... would probably be dying for you. Oops. 
  7. Zara and her little pansy squad are insufferable and disrespectful and cruel and I want to--ughhhhh. 
  8. Me every time this Bitch (Zara, Horace, Manuel, etc) get page time: LEAVE.  
  9. JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. TESSA IS PREGNANT 
  12. OH
  13. MY
  14. GOD
  15. Ohhhhhhhhh, Ty, honey, nO. 
  16. Kit is SUCH A HERONDALE 
    ...knowing already he was making a huge mistake:
    "I'll help you." 
  17. Kit @ Kit: Kit, no.
  18. Kit @ Kit: I have taken this under advisement but Ty needs me so Kit, yes. 
  19. The subtle not-really-insulting-insults of Kieran are back. REMEMBER WHEN I HATED HIM? That was fun. I don't like fun. I like stanning characters bc PAIN. "In this house we love fictional pain."--Cassandra Clare fans, probably 
  20. Hello, yes. I'd like to report a robbery. Three thieves in love with each other. All terribly beautiful and with weapons. 
  21. Kieran stole my heart over HOW MUCH HE LOVES BOTH MARK AND CRISTINA. And how much they love him and each other???? and??? I'm EMO?????? Excuse me it's fine I'm fine it's finE. 
  22. "And fear isn't logical." Unless you are reading a CC book bc then fear is the most (only*) logical emotion.
  23. Gwyn and Diana
  24. holy
  25. shit
  26. I
  27. Cristina's dream
  28. ALINE IS A QUEEN. IT IS A FRITTATA. AND YOU'RE GOING TO EAT IT. YES, MOMMY. 
  29. "If we see Zara come up riding the Loch Ness Monster we're going home." #SAME 
  30. I'm going to say it. OT3: Cristina/Mark/Kieran is e v e r y t h i n g to me. This????????????? my hearT????? TAKE IT NOW. 
  31. ASH. IS. JONATHAN SLASH SEBASTIAN'S. SON. I KNEW IT! 
  32. I'm not sure if that's the big twist everyone's talking about but yeah I guessed this the second Emma said something about a cold look in his eyes I was like, this paired with who his mom is I was like yep. WBK, honey. 
  33. Diana still being a Queen. A legend. I have decided to stan forever. 
  34. Alternate universe tIME!!!!!!!!!! YAS! 
  35. Ugh, Sebastian. 
  36. Livvy is ALIVE IN THIS PARALLEL UNIVERSE. I repeat: my smol daughter's mirror self is alive and--this is great but it also breaks my heart bc obviously it's not OUR Livvy but still our Livvy. Livvy2 is what I will be referring to her as. 
  37. look at my darling badass bb YOU ALREADY KNOW SHE GETS SHIT DONE
  38. Riding shot gun with a shot gun I'm cackling like a witch who got into some rancid laughing potion 
  39. Need to know what happened at Disney. AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW? 
  40. ???????????
  41. Nope! Nope! Not Malec2! How DARE YOU, Cassie?! 
  42. "Raphael Santiago is still alive? In our world he's dead," said Julian.

    "Well, there's one point for Thule," said Livvy with a crooked smile. #TRUEFACTSONLY 
  43. So, ouch. Ty is the twin that's dead in Thule. That's so sad. If only Ty1 and Livvy2 could meet. I'm sad. I'm feels. I'm. 
  44. This parallel universe is giving me Doctor Who vibes. 
  45. Maia! Bat! Honeys! 
  46. So. Dead in this world: Ty, Clary, Alec and Magnus. Alive: Livvy, Raphael and Sebastian. Damn. 
  47. Oh, God.
  48. BY THE ANGEL, NO. Livvy2... has lost... so much... I am so sad... OW. OUCH! NO! 
  49. Isabelle and Jem are both dead in AU world too. And so am I. 
  50. I was honestly hoping that Livvy and Ash would come to the world we know. And even Cameron. This is sad. I hope we see them again. (Minus Cameron, who is dead in Thule, now.) 
  51. Home again. 
  52. Malec being OTP in other news sky is blue, rain is wet, Catdog has one of the best 90s cartoon theme songs... 
  53. Aline THREW A LAMP
  54. I LOVE HER
  55. Aline, probably: Everyone shut the fuck up and listen to my wife or else I'll tear down a house and smack you with it. 
  56. Aline @ Helen: YOU'RE DOING AMAZING, SWEETIE. 
  57. Still laughing about Diana cutting off Horace's arm. In this house, we stan legends ONLY. 
  58. I'm Emma hoping that Diana and Gwyn sneak in a little romance. Team get laid? 
  59. I need to know what Livvy2's letter to Ty1 said. Now. My emotions can't handle it I am fragile but it's fine I need to know I'm fine just tell me.
  60. Waiting for Emma to pull Cristina aside and be like hey girl, are you having a faerie threesome? 
  61. I kind of guessed that re: Kit and whether or not his dad, or his mom, were fully who we thought they were. Cassie always pulls up with facts but then purposely leaves out BIGGER facts and then dumps them over your head like ice cold water. Queen of ice. 
  62. These Cristina, Mark and Kieran scenes are going to set me on fire. Cassie, I could use that bucket of ice water now. 
  63. Also. Wow. 
  64. Okay but like can we get more of Jace asking Kit if it's okay to call him Christopher? And then proceeding to call him Christopher even after Kit says no? I feel Will's approval over this exchange and want more Herondale snark. Gimme, gimme, gimme. 
  65. bFSHKFHAIOFAF????
  66. Is Emma going to kill Zara? Please kill Zara. Full offense @ Zara.
  67. Kit is so hgioshgsoi I love him.
  68. SHADE. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE MATE. Just say it. 
  69. Aww, Julie and Beatriz are back! 
  70. I am everyone reacting to Clace being alive even though we know they were alive. If someone told me that they'd died, I'd fall over, and definitely be the Shadowhunters gasping in shock and relief after finding out a bitch lied and they're definitely not dead. 
  71. GOOD TO SEE YOU, BESTIE. I--
  72. Had a feeling the meeting would have a spy. When will Horace, Zara and Manuel die already? 
  73. This talk between Diana, Emma and Julian is so heartwarming. I love them. This little family > everything. 
  74. "Is that Ragnor Fell in a 'Ragnor Lives' T-shirt?" I'm Ragnor. 
  75. NONONNONONNOPNONOONONNONONO ZARA WHAT THE FUCK ZARA WHY 
  76. WHAT
  77. IS
  78. HAPPENING?
  79. ??????????????
  80. EMMA????????????????
  81. JULIAN??????????????????????/
  82. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
  83. Just desserts @ Horace. Nice. 
  84. shouldn't be cackling over Manuel hiding under Horace's dead body but we're here and the laughter is real
  85. Julie :(
  86. Beatriz sobbing brokenly ????????? me sobbing brokenly me
  87. Okay so I need wine wtf is happening
  88. I am back with wine and gotta ask Cassie why are you like this 
  89. THE BLACKTHORN FAMILY
  90. Tavvy asking Julian... to carry.... him... home... I'm sOB. 
  91. okokokokokokok I am ok my heart rate is high and bam and I might be ok I think 
  92. Tessa is SO happy about Kit and she and Jem are having a baby I almost forgot with how much has been happening wow wow wow wow
  93. Kit leaving without saying goodbye? He's on that Herondale brand again.
  94. I feel like this is the calm before the next storm but this is ending on a decent note and as long as my babies are happy-ish and healthy-ish I'm ok.
  95. UHHH
  96. EXCUSE ME
  97. EXCUSE ME???????
  98. NO
  99. That ending.
  100. THAT. ENDING. 
  101. Cassie did That.
I survived Queen of Air and Darkness 
and all I got was a blog entry full of incoherent babbling.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate