The Jingle Bell Book Tag

10:30 AM

 
JINGLE BELL, JINGLE BELL, JINGLE BELL BOOK


I totally cheated on this one because I wasn't tagged by anyone. At least, not that I know of. (If you ever tag me in something I probably forget to do it because I am ACTUALLY THE WORST at, er, existing, to put it plainly. But, I saw Alyssa over at Reading, Reading, Reading doing this and felt inspired.

Either that or I just really like listening to myself talk, and thought this was a sufficient outlet, I'm not sure which. That's all irrelevant anyways! Because this topic was too good/fun to miss, and I regret not adding more to my holiday wish-list for Top Ten Tuesday's Christmas entry already. (Yes, I already have it in the queue because I'm trying to outsmart my immune system in the event that I am sick again on Christmas.)  

A few things before we get started: 
  1. This tag has been around for ages (!) but I live under a rock and only come out for musicals, books, lipstick and coffee so I'm almost always late to the party. I'll absolutely be late for my own funeral. You may think I'm kidding but I'm really not. 
  2. I've now embarked on a Hallmark Christmas binge and I'm wrapped up in a fuzzy sweater, so my mood is interestingly cheesy and maybe a little ambitious. Which is why I decided on a whim to do this. The Christmas spirit is finally jumping out, despite the obstacles it took to find it. I'm so proud of it. I'M NOT THE GRINCH, WOO-HOO!
  3. I love getting to know you guys, so I definitely encourage you to do this with me. We're all friends here. Or future friends. Or enemies. Who knows, really. It's up to you. 
  4. There is a similar topic in this post and December 25th's Top Ten Tuesday, so I'm kind of improvising/adjusting it to fit so I don't do it twice.  



“All I Want For Christmas Is You…” 
What book do you want to see under the Christmas Tree?

As far as books that I'm not receiving, but would love to, I'd really enjoy having a physical copy of some of my favourites of 2018, such as The Raging Ones by Krista & Becca Ritchie, The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork, all of Michael Faudet's poetry and the series Whims of Fae by Nissa Leder.

I have digital copies or galleys of a lot of these, and only one physical copy of Michael Faudet's work ("Dirty Pretty Things") so it would be super cool for Santa to slither down my chimney with a bag full of unexpected books. Slithering down because apparently Santa is a snake this year. Santa the Snake. I should really make a children's book about that.

“Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time…”
What book that you have read this year have you enjoyed the most?

There were so many. Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare, Legendary by Stephanie Garber, The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee, Miss Subways by David Duchovny, to name a few. 2018 did THAT, kids.


“It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas…” 
Which book has most festive look to it?

The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork, naturally. It's so beautiful. And it's a retelling of The Nutcracker and The Pied Piper so, like, how can you go wrong? If you haven't read it yet, I'm unleashing the giant rats on you, so consider yourself warned.


Elf
What book unleashes your inner child?

 

Oh, there are a lot for this one. Recently, The Cottingley Fairies by Ana Sender made me feel most like a child. For nostalgia purposes, I'd have to say the Harry Potter and Narnia books, The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken and The Eternity Elixir by Frank L. Cole.

I feel like I'm always looking to capture that feeling that we all had in childhood when we first read something magical. 

The Grinch
Your favourite villain…

 

I have a lot of love for morally gray characters and villains. Moriarty in Sherlock, Madam Satan in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics and show, Clancy in The Darkest Minds... the thing is, I love villains in terms of what they are because they're so fascinating. But I don't think I love them, love them. So, these are my not-favourite... favourites.

The Holiday
Name your favourite TWO couples…

 

Oh, I know they weren't adapted well in the show but Nate and Blair from Gossip Girl are always going to be my ride or die. If you followed me when Gossip Girl was on air, you know how heated I'd get over how the books were adapted. Or, you know, even now where I still complain about it. Oops.

As for the next ship, I've fallen completely head over heels for Diana and Gwyn from The Dark Artifices. Bonus: the amazing throuple that is Mark/Cristina/Kieran in The Dark Artifices, too.

I may have an addiction to Shadowhunter pairings, oh dear.

What book would you like to give as a present to your followers?

 

I'd ask them to close their eyes and picture what book would mean the most to them. Whether that be an edition of a book they already have, or something they wish to own, or an old favourite, I'd get them the first book to come to mind.

If only I could.


I'm not going to lie to you: I never know who to tag. 
So, consider this me just winging it by tagging a few bloggers at random! 
If you want to participate, consider yourself tagged.
 If I'm tagging you directly and you've already done this, or just don't want to, ignore me!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate