Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors (#49)

11:00 PM

When an author says jump, you say HOW HIGH? And proceed to jump as high as you can.


For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.  




Not much to say about this weeks topic beyond AUTO-BUY AUTHORS. A lot of these won't be a surprise to you if you either (a) know me personally or (b) have visited my blog more than once. BUT, I had fun with this topic! There are a lot of authors I'm interested in, but not a lot that I'd consider to auto-buys. 

Quick personal update, if you've read my entries over the last few weeks, you know that I found a few bumps on one of my dogs, Primrose. We had her vet appointment and biopsy this past Saturday. She did really well! Our vet is a total sweetheart and Prim was on her best behavior for her shots, the biopsy and a nail trimming. The vet even wrote "Primrose is a good girl" on her little "report card" (i.e., her weight and the like) and they really bonded. 

(I also met the vet's dog, who just chills in the office and is SO FREAKING CUTE. She's a Havanese and is just the sweetest little nugget ever.) 

As for the bumps, we won't know officially until the lab tests the biopsy, but the vet thinks it's just a cyst. Fingers crossed. The other bumps didn't concern her at all. 

One turned out to be a wart that got irritated somehow (???) and the others were just the fat deposits I mentioned in the last update. The rest of the visit was devoted to her eyes and skin issues (we have to give her artificial tears and allergy medicine, plus a couple of new shampoos to help with her skin problems) and went fairly well!  

The bill was shockingly not that expensive. I was expecting at least double what I was charged but we got lucky that they only wanted to do a biopsy on the one bump instead of the three-four. The next visit we're going to try and get her skin on track again--her breeds both have a lot of skin conditions and at times gets so itchy they literally pull out their own fur.



I mean, this was a fairly obvious answer, right? You expected this. You knew it was coming. You saw the title and you were like, okay, how many lists will Rowling be on? At least half? More? Less? She is definitely going to be on Jessica's list though. I mean, it's Jessica, and she's J.K. Rowling, and it's obviously happening. You came to terms with it pretty quickly. She's pushed some wrong buttons for a lot of us in recent memory but she's still one of my literary ride or dies. Rowling could write the phone-book out in a dead language and my ass would be first in line, trying to learn said language so I could read it. Sorry, not sorry.


Listen, I know, I know, you're going through my list like, ah, Jessica! Always so predictable! True and fair. However, I'M ONLY FOLLOWING THE THEME HERE. And I'm nothing if not consistent Cassie Clare trash. I have had to be talked down from drunkenly getting a tattoo relating to it. Pretty sure she owns a share of my bank account at this point because why not, right? I mean, when you guys inevitably write biography about how much of a dumbass I am, there will likely be chapters dedicated to the fact that she has me in a literary choke-hold. It's fine. 


These two snuck up on me a few years ago. Literally. They may as well have taken one of their books and smacked me upside the head with it. I was minding my own business one day and Addicted to You was free on Amazon. I am pretty sure I ate the book up in one sitting. Then, my finger slipped and I ordered the rest of the books (that were available at the time) and really there's been no turning back since. If ever there were a duo of authors that fit the definition of the phrase "they say jump, you say how high" it's Ritchie Squared. Can't wait for them to plot the next heartbreak and swoon fest for me. Insert Spongebob "I'm ready!" gif here.  


I found out about Splintered by pure chance and dumb luck. It was one of those stay-up-all-night-to-finish-reading occurrences. The rest, as they say, is history. It's written in the stars that I'm destined to lose sleep because I CAN'T PUT DOWN HER BOOKS. I've loved EVERYTHING that she has written so far. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. There's this magic to her prose that is incomparable and I love how atmospheric each of her books are. So much fantasy. So descriptive. SO full of heart. They are just perfection to me.

With only one published trilogy under her belt, a trilogy that I ABSOLUTELY ADORE and will love forever, it's safe to say that Stephanie Garber has secured a space in my auto-buy category. She is one of my favourite authors and I can't wait to see where she goes next in terms of literature. I have a feeling that the future is super bright for her and while I'll miss Caraval, I'm more than excited to see what she offers up next. 
I have a hell of a lot of auto-buy authors but I figured I'd cover the absolute basics for now. 
Who are some of your auto-buy authors?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate