Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading (#57)

11:00 PM

Not only do I avoid feelings, I avoid books that I want to read. I truly am the life of the party, huh?

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries. 


I feel like I've had both The Iron King and Frostfire on my TBR for YEARS. Obviously, The Iron King has been hanging on longer than Frostfire. I feel like I'm really going to enjoy The Iron King in particular, so I have no genuine excuse for avoiding it EXCEPT THAT I SUCK? Why am I like this? WHO ALLOWED ME TO LAZY?


I am honestly shocked that I've been avoiding reading The Reckoning of Noah Shaw like I have. I actually really enjoyed the first book (it is flawed and maybe not fully necessary narrative wise BUT I love these characters?) and I loved the Mara Dyer trilogy. Who knows what my reasoning is with that one, I just keep finding reasons not to read it. Broken Things is a bit more of a mixed bag--I've heard extremely good things and extremely bad things about this novel, and it's a little daunting, so I'm just avoiding it. 


I've heard mostly good things about both of these books so I know I'm going to read them in the future and probably love them. Until then? *Runs and hides* I'M THE WORST.


The Mars Room has been on my radar since the ARCs first started being sent out to other bloggers. I am intrigued by it to a degree, but something has been holding me back about it and I'm not really sure what. A Lesson in Thorns will likely get read first, once I stop avoiding it, as I've enjoyed books by Sierra Simone in the past and this one has had a world of praise by bloggers that I trust. I think that is part of the reason that I'm avoiding it--that I've convinced myself I've got it too hyped in my mind and all that. [EDIT: I lied and ended up reading A Lesson in Thorns IMMEDIATELY AFTER WRITING THIS POST. Queued this a week or so before it went live. I was like, Jessica, get yourself together and go read one of these books. See if you can read it before the post goes live. WHERE'S MY PRIZE?]


I've been wanting to read The Devouring Gray since I heard comparisons to The Raven Cycle and Stranger Things and I'm trash for both of them. I JUST KEEP AVOIDING IT. I've almost bought it, like, seven or eight times but I always put it back for something else. I'm the WORST. Something about Scythe is so intriguing to me but at the same time so intimidating? Is it the hype? I DON'T KNOW. I just am hiding from it. I have a feeling that both of these books will be a wild ride and I guess I'm just not fully prepared to hop on????  


 What books are you avoiding? And why?  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate