11:56 PM

Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie | Rating: ★★★★★ 

There’s something about Lily that makes all the terrible parts of me seem irrelevant. That makes a bad day momentary and a good one infinite. It’s love like this that’s worth living for.

I'm not crying you're crying. In the conclusion to Lily and Lo's series--this isn't goodbye, yet, thank fuck--Addicted After All takes us to an all time high of emotions. Krista and Becca Ritchie really have that way about things, don't they? To make you feel all the feels. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. It goes without saying, to all the fans out there, that this installment is no different--you'll love, you'll sigh, you'll laugh, you'll cry. All you can ask for in literature is a book that makes you come to life with it and Addicted After All is one of those books.

This series is just genuinely my favourite and I can't even imagine my life without it at this point. Shout out to Sue over at Hollywood News Source for posting about this series on a near constant basis over on Tumblr because without her, I would have never discovered this beautifully honest series--and where the fuck would I be, right?

Seeing Lily and Lo's progress... all of their highs and lows, has been one of my favourite reading experiences over the years.
As I've said before, it gives me goosebumps and reminds me why I started reading to begin with. Addicted After All takes the same frank tone as its predecessors and takes you far. What I love most about its honesty is that it doesn't gloss over issues like mental health, what it's like to struggle with addiction or a less than stellar home-life. Krista and Becca portray life as it is: in full colour. The good. The bad. The glorious. And it's one of the biggest triumphs.

Ever.

I love that they strive for realistic qualities. Downfalls. The rise. They get down to the nitty gritty and don't take their readers for fools. If you had told me five or six years ago that I'd love a NA series as I've grown to feel for this one, I'd have laughed in your face. Take my word for it, though: this is why literature exists. For stories like these. Everything about Addicted After All is tackled intelligently and full of heart and soul. Looking back to where we started, to where Lily Calloway and Lo Hale were at the start of this series to where they are now is one of the most satisfying moments a reader could have.

I love Lily and Lo like they are friends. In so many ways they are. We've watched them come to life and struggle with their addictions and embrace every obstacle life has thrown their ways. I've never seen development quite like theirs and I can't express how proud I am of them. They've lived an incredibly privileged life that is ever-changing and constantly testing them, but they keep on fighting. Because that's what heroes do--and if Lily and Lo aren't superheroes, no one is.

Oh, these two are unforgettable and I just cannot describe how much they mean to me. I just may cry. Actually, I will cry. I did cry. I would be crying right now if I weren't so focused on writing my thoughts after months of not being able to. I'm just so damned happy and proud and utterly alight with love for these characters and I can't thank Krista or Becca Ritchie enough for bringing us all on this journey. I really can't. I want to, but I don't know that it's possible.

These.
Two.
Are.
So.
Important.

Their growth is even more apparent as they move forward in their adult lives and make changes for the better. The entire time I was like a proud mother and cheering them on. I won't spoil it, but we see some closure involving past plots and of course some of those things involve their parents. As always I'm not fond of the parental figures for any of them and even though we get some apologies, it's still.. you know. Not easy to overlook their behavior towards Lily, Lo or any of the core six. I'm glad that it happened but I hold grudges.

Yes, even with fictional characters.

Anyways. My heart really does feel all light and heavy at once, seeing this installment come and go. I cannot think of another couple that is as deserving of happiness as these two, so seeing all they've accomplished come to pass is just a lot to take in. I know this isn't goodbye to them, that there are more books in the series that are tied in--and I know I will revisit these stories soon--but my feelings are all jumbled up like I've just said goodbye to a close friend.

If it wasn't clear: I love this book. I love this series. I love Krista and Becca Ritchie.

Go read this series. Now. Please.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate