Introducing: 5 and 5

12:38 PM


Let's try something new. 


First, I have to apologize for the typos in my postings lately. I always have little errors, but, I am talking about the ones that are popping up more frequently than usual? My keyboard is acting a bit off. I had to replace it a few years back after it was damaged, and apparently the "new" keyboard is having issues with the letter 'E' in particular.

(I have to hit it like four times to get it to show up.)

So, if some of my words are missing 'E' in it it's because my keyboards a jerk and I didn't notice that the letter wasn't showing up. I'm a fast typer, so I do tend to overlook stuff every now and then. It happens.

NOW... onto the main attraction:

At the end of last year I was brainstorming potential entry themes/topics for 2019.  

5 and 5 was one of the first topics that stuck out to me because as we grow, our tastes change and the more we learn, the more our critical thinking skills grow. I found myself wondering, "What's changed?" when it comes books I've loved or disliked.

What 2005 me liked, 2019 me might not. What 2014 me didn't like, 2019 me may view differently.

Is there a chance that my thoughts haven't changed since? Absolutely. 2019 me might love or dislike the books bellow just as I once did.

The topic is simple: throughout 2019 I will be revisiting five books I loved and five books I didn't and we'll see how my thought process has changed in the years that have passed.

I'm not going to be revisiting books that I blatantly hated. Obviously. Just... books that I wasn't keen on but could stomach again. No thanks @ Fifty Shades. No @ Beautiful Disaster. My head cannot handle those messes again.

 

BOOKS I LOVED: 

  • Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar 
  • Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld 
  • Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade  
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 
  • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
BOOKS I DIDN'T:  

  • After by Anna Todd 
  • Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews 
  • The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines 
  • Those Girls by Lauren Saft 
  • Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar
This entire tag is pretty short and simple. Revisit books, post a bit of a discussion afterwards. I am fully expecting it to flop, but if you would be interested in participating with me: add your name to this bad boy!

There's no official guideline on when the entries should be posted, only that it's for the entirety of 2019. You can join in, post or leave at any time.

Inlinkz Link Party

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate