Blogger Talk: Why You Should Be on Influenster

5:48 PM


Just a quick post of me flailing around in my love for Influenster.

Every now and then, I like to share certain resources for bloggers. There are so many incredible platforms out there for us to use. And, let's face it, we can really benefit from a lot of them. Whether you are new to the blogging world, or you've been around for ages, there's always something to be gained in terms of platforms and knowledge.

Firstly, I've been using Influenster for quite a while now. I'd say that I've been on it since the autumn or winter of 2016. For those of you who do not know, Influenster is a site that links up bloggers, Youtubers, and/or other influencers with various companies that are each looking for voices to hype out specific products for them.

I'm a little biased, mainly because I think it's an incredibly easy site to navigate and manage. If you follow me on Instagram, you've absolutely seen me post about Influenster a few times over the years.

While I am primarily a book blogger, I do dabble in lifestyle posts every now and again. Especially when on Instagram and Pinterest. 

Influenster takes your interests and builds off of them. You can review virtually everything there from food to beauty products to cameras all the way to literature. You can ask and answers questions freely and more. The more active you are, the higher your chances are of being sent questionnaires for future complimentary products. The more that you do on their site, the higher your impact score rises.

Periodically, you are given chances to earn badges based upon your interests or challenges they provide, and this really adds to your chances of receiving items to review in the future.

You can access Influenster from your mobile devices or from your desktop. However, it's easier to do so via mobile device, as some activities (such as fulfilling badges) are not available on the desktop site.

My favourite part about Influenster is not in the items I've received for reviewing purposes (if you are curious, these brands: Joah, Lancome, Clinique, Maybelline, Patchology, L'Oreal, St. Moriz, Velour Lashes, Origins, BB., Laneige, Earth Balance are a few to list that I've been sent products from) but in the fact that I can keep track of my audience across all platforms.

I honestly would be lost without the impact score. 

It's not easy to keep an eye on your reach. If you're using multiple platforms, it's likely that you have no idea how many followers you have unless you manually add them up every month or so.

Which, when requesting ARCs in the past, I've done. I hate math. 4 + 4 = *incoherent screaming* isn't an acceptable answer, apparently. I am totally sounding a little... dumb. I just really hate math. It's too much for my tiny brain to process.

*drools all over self in confusion* 

Moving on: when you link specific social media accounts on Influenster, you are able to see just how many followers you have total. For example, I have a "high" impact score. According to my recent statistics on Influenster, my score is at 20,070. DANG, dang, dang--you guys are making me blush. What did I do to deserve you all?

While this isn't a perfect total number (it doesn't include platforms like Goodreads and Bloglovin' as of today) you can still link most social media platforms to Influenster. These sites include: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr, Foursquare, Pinterest, Blogger and Wordpress. Thus, making your audience totals that much more easier to tally up.

So, signing up for Influenster is pretty much a win-win scenario. It's free. It keeps track of your social media reach.

And, in the future, you may be on the receiving end of some freebies, should you wish to.

I cannot sing this sites praises high enough, so I'm going to leave you on that note.

If you are interested in joining Influenster, feel free to use my referral link here.

Disclaimer: it boosts my impact score by 5 points, so it doesn't make a huge difference if you do use it and totally won't offend me if you don't. Regardless of whether you use the referral code or not, if you haven't already joined the site, you definitely should. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate