Top Ten Tuesday: Rainy Day Reads (#36)

11:00 PM

It's raining, it's pouring

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries. 



Is there anything better than putting on some music, grabbing a cup of coffee and curling up to a good book on a rainy day? For me, no. Not a lot measures up to that feeling. I am at my most relaxed in the city, watching the rain fall. There is something so soothing about the combination. I'm always at my calmest when it comes to the rain.

That being said, when it comes to reading on a rainy day, I don't have a favourite genre of a read. Not really. In theory, I suppose I like standalone novels that are atmospheric and a little creepy. But, that's really just one of many.

Sometimes, a trashy series is good for a quick read, or a fantasy, a classic, and sometimes a contemporary--it all just depends on my mood.


The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson | Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline 
 
 The Lake House by Kate Morton | The Girls by Emma Cline 

 Carry On by Rainbow Rowell | Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 

Shirley by Charlotte Bront | The Cruel Prince by Holly Black 

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare | The Architect of Song by A.G. Howard 


What are your go-to reads when it comes to rainy days?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate