Bishops Knife Trick | The Fall Out Boy Book Tag

4:33 PM

Everyone who knows me, knows that Fall Out Boy is my favourite band of all time. Growing up not far from the same area as they did contributed a lot to this! This statement isn't out of a place of "I was here first" and whatnot, but I can remember the days where they played smaller gigs. So when I say I've been a fan of them for what feels like forever, I'm not completely exaggerating.

When they made it big, I was SO impressed and overjoyed because they really do deserve it. They are one of those musical artists that have been with me through some of life's most pivotal moments and my love for them is basically a personality trait now.

And, not to drag myself, but in middle school I DEFINITELY wrote I HEART PATRICK STUMP on a good chunk of my notebooks. Oh, yes, that was completely on brand for me at the time. What can I say? MY LOVE WAS REAL. (Er, as real as a music obsessed then-teenager can manage when it comes to someone she's literally never met.)

So, you guys had to know that I'd be 100% down to participate in Raine Reads' Fall Out Boy Book Tag. I mean... duh.



The Rules
  • Link to the creator’s blog (Raine Reads)
  • Thank the person who tagged you
  • Pick a book or character to answer each prompt
  • Tag as many bloggers as you’d like to do the tag next!

Take This to Your Grave
a book that's a little rough around the edges but you love it anyway   


I was going to go with something darker and maybe even problematic, but this book has been on my mind a lot lately. The Midnight Dance has gotten a bit of a bad reputation when it comes to its ratings. I'm always so surprised to see the not-so-glowing reviews for it. Is it flawed? Absolutely. No work of art is perfect and without flaws. The Midnight Dance is totally rough around the edges. Still, I loved it and consider it a favourite.

Sugar, We're Goin Down 
a book that lives up to the hype
Easy, peas! I really thought that A Court of Thorns and Roses lived up to the hype. SJM is a mixed bag for a lot of people, but so (!) many people hyped me up when it came to ACOTAR and Throne of Glass. While Throne of Glass wasn't my favourite towards the end of the series, I REALLY love A Court of Thorns and Roses. I am actually rereading the series now.

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" 
a book with pop culture references 
This was the first book that came to mind! Come to think of it, I thought of it for quite a few of things in this tag but wanted to save it for this one. The Gossip Girl books name drop a lot. From pop-culture references to designer digs, it's got it all.

Thnks fr th Memrs 
a book that you changed your opinion about 
This isn't to say that I don't still have fond memories of the series, nor is it to say that the series (and its spin-off) didn't grow and get better. (It did.) BUT, the earlier books of the House of Night series used to be my true love. Rereading it as an adult has me noticing just how flawed it is and I dropped my rating quite low on the first half of the original series.
What A Catch, Donnie 
a character that you want to take care of 
Both Morgan and Eric in Birthday have strength beyond words, and are truly admirable characters, but there were so many moments in Birthday where I wanted to just scoop them up and get them the heck out of the darkness.
Just One Yesterday 
a book you wish you could read for the first time again 
This question is SO simple in theory but SO difficult. There are so many books I'd wish to read again for the first time. I'm skipping over the series I'd want to read again for the first time because you guys absolutely know what I'd pick. Those are some of the standalones that I'd love to read again for the first time!
Hot To The Touch, Cold On The Inside 
a book that you were excited to read but ended up being a disappointment 
This may be premature, but I'm nearly halfway done with Serpent & Dove and I'm just not feeling it. Which stinks, because I definitely thought it'd be a 4-5 star read. It's just really not doing it for me? I don't think it'll be picking up and endearing itself to me any longer.
Centuries 
a book you see everywhere but are afraid to read
Ninth House is an intimating one! I love Leigh Bardugo and consider her a favourite. For some reason Ninth House is quite daunting to me. I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily afraid of reading it, or any book, really, but this is probably the closest answer I can give for this one.



Ghost Busters (I'm Not Afraid)
a new take on a classic story 
I adore retellings! Lately, I've been really digging all kinds of new takes on the beloved Arthurian Legend. One of my most recent favourites is Cursed and I'm SO excited for the upcoming Netflix series.
Young and Menace
a controversial book
Okay, okay, I'm going to be real with you guys--I don't pay close attention to controversial reads. I'm always a little late to the party when it comes to books that I haven't read. I'm going to go with one of my most recent reads--which is either highly beloved or incredibly hated by readers: A Discovery of Witches. There are a lot of things about it that I didn't like at all. (Its parallels to Twilight, another highly flawed love story, being one.) My feelings towards it were mixed but it's definitely been challenged for good reasons since its publication.

Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate