Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Remind Me of Autumn (#65)

11:00 PM

Happy November, my little booklings! So, I had every intention of making a more autumn-themed header for November's Top Ten Tuesday posts; dark colours, hints of the fall and Thanksgiving, but ended up liking this one more? I guess we're having a lighter look this season. Can you believe we're almost through with 2019? I honestly feel like Halloween didn't even happen last week for some reason. It was all a blur.

Regardless, October has come and passed, and November has officially arrived. Before we know it, it will be December. Ah. Wild.

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries. 

This is probably the fifteenth time I've done a similar topic. But, we all know I'm trash about autumn and love books that give off that autumn vibe. After watching Sasha Alsberg's video re: autumn reads, I felt like I wanted to approach the topic as something similar to how she approached it. (Also, yes, I'm VERY slow at watching Youtube videos. Me vs. videos in general.)

Technically, it's the same topic as this weeks prompt, just adjusted a little bit.

Meaning, it's going to be more or less an exploration of books that (a) remind me of autumn for one reason or another or (b) that I read in autumn and will forever associate them with autumn. I HOPE I AM MAKING SENSE. I still have a bit of a hazy brain this week. Chalk it up to stress and tiredness. You know how it is.

Also, since I'm still a little burned out from all my Halloween themed posts of last month, I'm going to be focusing less on creepy reads. Let's just dive right in! 

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling is the first. I mean, obviously, it's the OG for me. I mean, it goes without saying why this book reminds me of the autumn. And the winter. And basically any season ever. (It's got my whole heart and has for over half my life, okay?) I'm currently rereading Goblet of Fire in form of the illustrated edition and BOY, I will forever love the magic of it. Next up is another unsurprising one: The Shadowhunter Chronicles. I KNOW. You know. We all know. (Yes, CC has her issues. Yes, her work does, too. Yes, I'm still trash for it.)

Caraval is my next pick! It's so atmospheric and fun, it fits perfectly for autumn. It also help that I read the ARC of it for the first time during autumn. (I won't go too deeply into it but this is one of my favourite series of all time.) Truly Devious has to be included because, ah, it's so tense and atmospheric and mysteries and smart--I can't say enough good things about it!

I know both of these novels are not always well received BUT (!!!), The Hazel Wood and The Midnight Dance filled me with such joy. And the way they were written? PURE MAGIC. I first read The Midnight Dance, in particular, during the autumn, and it was such a fun experience.

As far as retellings go, I really loved the Charlotte Holmes series because it reimagines Holmes and Watson as historical figures, rather than fictional characters, and follows their relatives. I adore it. Something about it hit all the right spots for me and it is a definite autumn read. Meanwhile, Carry On reminds me of one of the best autumns of my adult life and I will always love it.

I debated on this one since I'm not necessarily a fan of it anymore but Twilight will always have a special place in my heart and remind me of autumn and what it felt like to be truly excited for something. Ah, I know that I mostly only got into this series because I was in love with Nikki Reed, but I'll never forget the rainy autumn I binge read the first three books. At one point, I stayed in my mom's car while she ran into Walgreen's--I couldn't look away from my book! Last, is the most recent release on my list but part of an old favourite--Forgotten! I have mixed feelings about the original series, but House of Night Other World is SO good.
Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate