Fictional Family Tag: Meet the Parents Lesser Known Sequel

2:17 PM

Fighting the urge right now to yell, "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" which is a phrase I never, ever have said in my whole life and never actually wanted to. 




When Loretta posted this the other day, I knew I had to play along. I actually wrote the post that very same day, but then fell down into my The Haunting of Hill House rewatch hole. I know, I know, it's only been out for a month but it's so damn good I can't help myself.

I guess this is my way of shaking off all the psychological horror of that show? Also, because I think the idea is funny. My first thought was, oh, this is going to go really badly. But, like, the good kind of bad.


RULES:

  1. Pick 8 books off your shelves (try to not pick just your favorites!)
  2. Arrange them into a random order
  3. In the order they are arranged, open them to a random page and write down the first name you see. Don’t mix up the names!
  4. In the last book, find the name of an animal/pet and write it down.
  5. Put the names in the right category.
  6. Tag people (spread the love) copy and paste these rules in your post, or write them out yourself.
 PARENT ONE: Nate Archibald  
From Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar 


Annnnddd, we're off to a wild start. I got everyone's favourite lovable stoner as parent number one.

Okay. Uhm. So. Did I spend most of my pre-teen and teenage life lusting after him first in the books, then in the show? Absolutely. Does this make me feel uncomfortable, knowing Nate Archibald landed this title? Totally.


PARENT TWO: Camille Preaker  
From Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 

I think this tag may be my new favourite thing ever? Camille is probably one of my favourite characters of all time, from my favourite standalone book of all time--I mean: she is so complex and flawed and ugh, I just adore her. I'll admit, the idea of her being a parent could go one of two highly extreme ways.

SIBLING ONE: Loren Hale
 From Addicted x Calloway Sisters x Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie 

I'm down with this option as well. Suddenly, we've taken a normal turn of events when it comes to the fictional family. Plus, it makes a odd amount of sense that if one of my parents in this fictional family is Camille Preaker, then obviously Loren Hale would be a sibling. Anyone else see how that makes sense or am I just babbling again? 

The good news is that, with Loren as my sibling, he'll definitely scare off any creeps by being over-protective. I'm here for it. 

 SIBLING TWO: Rhysand 
 From A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


OKAY, THIS IS UNFAIR. RHYSAND CANNOT BE A SIBLING. HE JUST CAN'T. I love him too much. This is like history repeating itself with Nate Archibald. I just got family-zoned. TWICE. I just invented being family-zoned. I can't believe this.

What a cruel world.  

 COUSIN: Dana Scully
 From The X-Files: Origins, Devil's Advocate  by Jonathan Maberry

Good! Someone to keep me out of trouble because, frankly, I need it. The bad news is, I have now been family zoned three times and it's stressing me out a bit! Picturing the family events now, though, and it's hilarity is cheering me up. Good ole Cousin Dana will definitely have to clean up after the entire family--poor girl. 

BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND: Morpheus 
 From Splintered by A.G. Howard 

Interesting. Very, very, VERY interesting. All that can be said is--this relationship would never get boring. And also, Alyssa Gardner don't kill me, I beg of you! With any luck for her, I'd die at of old age as a mortal just as her mortal life is ending. 

 BEST FRIEND: Sutton Mercer 
 From The Lying Game by Sara Shepard 

Okay, damn. First of all, in this scenario, my BFF is dead. Second of all, I am sure we've made many great memories in which we've shopped a lot and dragged EVERYONE. Much like with Morpheus being my fictional boyfriend, things would never be dull with Sutton Mercer as my BFF. 

Does this mean she's haunting me? 

PET: Primrose Everdeen 
 From The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  

Okay, so, I'm fairly certain there is an animal name (I am kidding, I know there is) somewhere in the book but the first few times I opened it up, I just kept going to Primrose. So, I picked her on a whim. Not because I would likely consider her a pet, but because I actually do have a dog named Primrose.  


As always, I am tagging anyone who reads this post both because I am lazy and because I want to know my followers better! 

Who do you think would be in your fictional family? 
Who would you pick on your own? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate