Top Ten Tuesday: My Most Recent Favourites From the Illustrated Cover Art Trend (#56)

11:00 PM





Happy Tuesday! I changed up the theme this week for Top Ten Tuesday. Try to contain your shock.



For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries. 

This weeks topic was Books I Enjoyed That Are Outside of My Comfort Zone and honestly, I feel like I've done this topic a couple of times in the past. I may be wrong, but I am fairly certain I have. And, at this point, my comfort zone with literature is non-existent. Bring on the new, right?

My topic choice was something I pulled out of my magician's hat. No, wait, that was a rabbit.

Actually, I saw people on Twitter discussing the illustrated cover art trend a couple of weeks ago and there was this huge debate on them. A lot of people hate it. A lot of people love it. Then there are, like, two people don't judge books by their covers and are indifferent towards it.

I, personally, love it. Adore it, actually. To put it bluntly, it owns me. Illustrated covers basically say jump and I say how high. I'm a sucker for pretty things (although I know next to nothing about art itself) and illustrated designs just really work for me. There's something sweet about their vibrancy and their aesthetic makes them super eye-catching for me.

So, here are some of the covers that I've been drooling over and/or contemplating writing love songs for, but have yet to post about on the blog! Get ready to swoon. Or throw your computer screen. Depends on your preference. (Also, please don't throw your computer screen.)


 Do you like illustrated covers? 
What is your favourite type of cover design?
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate