Bookish Discussion | End of the Decade: Best of the Past 10 Years

10:00 PM

We're just hours away from the start of 2020. It feels utterly unreal, but another decade has come and passed. (Well, nearly.) Originally, I intended to write out a massive week-long list by the genre. Unfortunately, time has gotten away from me again and so I had to improvise a bit. I decided to split things up by the best vs. the worst of the decade, instead.

Today is dedicated to my personal favourites of the 2010s. And I'm so excited to get into it. Fair warning: this post is LONG.



A few things to note before we dive in:  
  • For books that are a part of series that I love, I'm only listed one from the series. In some cases, this is the first installment that was published during this decade. In other cases, it's another book in the series. 
  • I AM TRASH FOR A LOT OF THESE NOVELS. 
  • If I rated a book between four and five stars, it's likely going to pop up on this list and wave its pages around or something. 
  • The books on this list reflect my favourites of the decade. You may very well disagree. Taste is subjective. 
  • THE FACT THAT THE DECADE IS ALMOST OVER IS VERY DISTRESSING TO ME HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?????????? 
  • I was going to put these in order of year published but then I got lazy and forgetful so you get what you paid for kiddos.





The Poet X | The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle | Crazy Rich Asians

Written in the Stars | Mireille | Underwater

Torn Away | The Way I Used to Be | You Know Me Well

Academy Girls | The Bane Chronicles | Season of the Witch

Kiss the Sky | Untwine | Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Carry On | The Fever | Dangerous Girls

The Midnight Dance | Dear Martin | They Both Die at the End

Truly Devious | Miss Subways | The Darkest Minds

Lady Midnight | I Believe in a Thing Called Love | You Think It, I'll Say It

Sweetbitter | I'll Be Gone in the Dark | Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now

A Thousand Perfect Notes | Internment | The Cruel Prince

The Red Scrolls of Magic | White Rose | The Love & Lives of Rukhsana Ali

Splintered | On the Come Up | When the Truth Unravels

A Court of Thorns and Roses | Last Sacrifice | A Curse so Dark and Lonely 

Red White & Royal Blue | Full Disclosure | Take the Mic

 Six of Crows | Loved  | Cinder

I Wish You All the Best | Don't You Forget About Me | Dear Haiti, Love Alaine

Five Feet Apart |  The Eternity Elixir  | Well Met

 Birthday | Before I Fall | The Lying Game

 Wizard for Hire | Everything Leads to You | To All the Boys I've Loved Before

 Gossip Girl: Psycho KillerEnchantee | The Thousandth Floor

Damaged Like Us | Mockingjay | Clockwork Prince

 The Ocean at the End of the Lane | I Am Malala | Little Fires Everywhere

Bloodlines | Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children | A Lesson in Thorns

The Winner's Curse | Red Queen | Two Princes of Summer

 The Young Elites | Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race | The Lake House

 The Selection | Kingdom Cold | Wild Beauty

 S.T.A.G.S. | Little Darlings | After the Crash

The Library at Mount Char | Lumiere | The Gracekeepers

Gorgeous | When Dimple Met Rishi | Bloodleaf

 The Raven Boys | The End of Everything | Bucky F*cking Dent


Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate