2:41 PM

edwin: high king of britain Edwin: High King of Britain by Edoardo Albert | Rating: ★★★☆☆

Before I start my review, I would like to clarify that I’ve rated this book a 3.5; nearly a 4 out of 5 stars. Second, let’s take a moment to talk about how stunning the cover art Edwin has. It’s absolutely perfect and while you mustn’t judge a book by its cover, I have to admit, the cover intrigued me.

Lastly, Edwin isn’t a novel I would typically pick up on my own.

In spite of my preference, it was still an intriguing read that will bring you into the folds of history. Any history buff will appreciate this novel and all it tells; it’s the perfect gift.

Edwin is a vivid, sometimes violent and descriptive, piece of historical fiction which takes place in England in 604AD.

Edwin’s entire reign and his conversion to Christianity and all that happens in between are the major points in this historical tale. I have to applaud Edoardo’s work — not only is his writing phenomenal, he obviously knows just what he’s writing. Edwin is as well researched as it is written; something that often doesn’t balance one another out in historical fiction.

Edoardo has a true gift in bringing history to life with a story so well written, you can see it play out in front of your eyes. I was quite disappointed when it ended and although I wished for more from it, it is still an interesting read. It isn’t something I’d recommend to everyone, but it’s certainly worth a shot if you love historical fiction.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate