Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018 (#25)

11:20 PM

Happy Tuesday, everyone! 

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.   

This week's topic was complicated for me. On one hand, I knew that there were many authors that I read in 2018 that were new-to-me or just plain new. On the other hand, I kept blanking on their names entirely. Not because they were forgettable, but because my brain and I were having a disagreement. You know when you're running on  four hours of sleep and three cups of coffee?

That's me today.

(And everyday, really, but shh, we don't talk about that.)

So, when I say this entry took me ages to finished: I mean it. 

The authors that I am listing are primarily new only to me. Some of these authors had books that were highly compelling, and intrigued me to look into more of their prior works. Others, weren't wholly for me (but not terrible, either) and were more of the lukewarm variety.

But, they were still definitely new-to-me, and worth mentioning. 

In 2018, I tried very hard to explore releases that weren't my typical reads. This included exploration of middle-grade as a genre and many more Indie Authors (!!!!! support Indie AUTHORS!!!!) came into play.

LET'S DO THIS. Bellow are the authors in question and a couple of their works--if I only read one of their prior releases, I've added another titles of theirs that appeals to me to (a) even the score and (b) BECAUSE I WANTED TO. 


MIKAYLA ELLIOT


DHONIELLE CLAYTON 


FRANK L. COLE 


HEATHER DIXON WALLWORK 

KIERSTEN WHITE 



CAROLINE KEPNES 


KARA THOMAS 
  
LINDSAY CUMMINGS

LAUREN KATE 





 ANDREA GIBSON

TALK TO ME! 
What about you guys? 
Did you read any new-to-me authors in 2018? 
Do you have any authors you WANT to read this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate