Wonderstruck Book Tag

3:57 PM


Thanks Devon over at Read by Dev for tagging me in this tag. Tagging tag tagged. I may or may not be humming a few dozen Taylor Swift songs as I type. Also, how many times is too many to say the word tag in a book tag? Tag, you're it. (Also, I picked three books per question because EXTRA.)


Guidelines

  • Link back to the creator (Olivia)
  • Answer as many or as few of the questions as you’d like.
  • Feel free to use any of the graphics in this post. 
  • Tag however many people you’d like at the end!

Me: I'm going to do this tag RIGHT. One book per answer. Short and sweet. Me, ten seconds later, trying to narrow down at least twenty books: Oops. Honestly, so many books have broken my heart about a dozen times over.


I don't really know what it is about my brain but I tend to remember a lot of details about random things. I've probably mentioned it before--I can't remember what I had for dinner two nights ago or what I have been planning to do for months or the name of that brunette who came up to me last week and asked how I've been since high school? No. Can I remember the dress I wore to my first day of Kindergarten and a bunch of minor details from books that I've loved? Yes. These aren't the only books that have stuck with me but they were the firsts that came to mind (aside from the more obvious and usual suspects) so here we are!

I want the whole trilogy on screen IMMEDIATELY. Faithful. Imagine how freaking beautiful and vibrant and full of life and magic it'd be on screen. I NEED IT.


*Casually steals Dev's answer for the first one* BUT, LIKE, C'MON. Obviously this is IT. And, of course, the rest are (a) equally as beautiful and (b) meant to even out the general excessive-ness that is my formatting in this post.

If you look hard enough at any reviews of the books you've loved, you'll likely find they all have a few negative reviews. Whether that be for the plotlines or the author, you'll always find something. That being said, I don't read into the happenings of the book community. Unless they are of the harmful problematic variety, I am pretty oblivious. But! I've seen things about these books here and there, although admittedly I don't remember what off the top of my head.

Harry Potter? *PRETENDS TO BE SHOCKED* Okay, okay, so! I relied heavily on the Scholastic book fairs of the late 90s-early 00s for any bookish things. Actually, okay, I was more focused on the scented erasers and those tacky Lizzie McGuire looking clear, inflatable backpacks. When I did read it was always consistently Harry Potter with the usual suspects sprinkled in periodically: Junie B. Jones, The Baby-Sitter's Club, Captain Underpants, A Series of Unfortunate Events, etc. 


So many books--so little time! I've been fortunate to have sparks fly with so many great books in my lifetime so this is only a fraction of them.

I don't read as many classics as I used to. Hopefully this year I'll get back into them. Wuthering Heights is definitely my all-time favourite but I really love The House of Mirth and Great Expectations and they are close runner ups.

Obviously the Addicted/Calloway Sisters/Like Us series get a mention first. As for other romances, I loved Everything Leads to You and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

Each of these pretty much speak for themselves. A little Malec, a little Holmes and Watson relatives, and Nikolai Lanstov aka the only character I fully cared about in the Grisha-verse.

Honestly, there aren't THAT many sequels that I've disliked. Actually, that's a lie. There are a fair amount. These just weren't my cup of tea.

Tagging: ANYONE who wants to participate! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate