Top Ten Tuesday #6: Top Ten Books I Want My Future Children to Read

12:05 AM

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. You can learn more about it here

I'm going to lay it out there for you--my maternal skills are lacking in the worst possible ways. No joke, my close friend tried to hand me her three month old daughter once (this was years back, mind you) and I almost started crying. Not to sound like a total b*tch. The little nugget did grow on me with time (not that I had any real aversion towards her--she's an angel and everything but me holding a child is SPOOKY) and I'm perfectly content with spoiling her with gifts and treats.

(In particular, the kinds that make messes for her dear mother. Finger paints. Chalk. So-on.)

So, this list is purely hypothetical. I also don't have any siblings, therefore the future does not hold nieces and nephews for me, and all of my cousins are growing up--so, to my non-existent future child (let's call you Josie, not to be mistaken with Josie Grossie), please read these books and make mama proud.

And guess what? I couldn't narrow it down to ten--literally, the lowest number I could narrow it down to was twelve.



THE BOOKS 




This post is Josie Grossie approved. No Josie Grossies were harmed during the making of this post. 
What are some books that YOU would want your future children to read?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate