Top Ten Tuesday #7: 10 Books I'm Thankful For

9:29 PM


It's that time again! For us in the USA, it is time to wrap ourselves up in thoughts of thankfulness and then stuff our faces with some home cooked meals if we're lucky enough. With the holidays just around the corner and end of our year getting closer and closer, it has completely thrown me off my game to realize that Thanksgiving is this week!

Still, I was incredibly excited to see that the theme for this weeks Top Ten Tuesdays (hosted by the Broke and the Bookish: click here for details)--Ten Books That I'm Thankful For. As a reader, it is one of our favourite topics; to be given the opportunity to speak freely about the books that have shaped us since reading them.

For me, hundreds of books have woven themselves into parts of me and there's no going around that. I may not be able to remember every last detail, of every page, in every book, that I have ever picked up. But to an extent, they have all given me reason to be thankful. Which leads me to a couple of nods I want to make before diving into this week's post: thank you, to a l l of the authors out there. For believing. For creating. For doing. For being.

Your work means everything. And you mean more.

And to wrap things up quickly, I'd also like to say thank-you to everyone who has ever visited my page or reached out to me in the past. Lastly, to all the book bloggers out there who keep the love of reading alive and present in our world. You mean something. You mean everything. I'm thankful for you.

Let's get down to business, shall we? Here they are! The books (and series) I am most thankful for, now and forever. If the book listed is part of a series, I will link only to the first book/installment. I'm mostly just winging it by picking the first ten books or series that comes to mind. Again, I am thankful for many books--some of these won't be exceptionally moving, some of them will be.


 Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling | Gossip Girl Series by Cecily von Ziegesar

Harry Potter and Gossip Girl were the first books I read on my own and truly loved. For that, for different reasons, I am constantly grateful. They were my first obsessions. I read the series in the order of publication, for the most part (for the first chunk of Gossip Girl novels, I didn't--I was too young!) and was constantly waiting for the next installments. Of all the books on the list bellow, these two shaped so many parts of me in good and bad ways. I love them as they are. Flaws and all. Just like I love myself. Which is irrelevant to the list.

Addicted + Calloway Sisters + Like Us Series by Krista & Becca Ritchie | The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare 

The entire set of characters that the Ritchie sisters have created have become a huge part of me in a short amount of time. They have dominated my twenties and taught me to love myself a little more and to be brave. And The Infernal Devices was one of those surprise series--I adore the Shadowhunter world and of the three main series set in it, this is my favourite. 



I was in a bit of a reading slump when I came across The Hunger Games. Much like with the effects of the previously listed series, the book left a mark on me in the most profound way. In some ways, while it didn't spark my interest in politics necessarily, it has given me an extra push to never stop fighting for what's right. Then, there's Wuthering Heights. Flawed as it may be, this is the novel that captivated me and turned me onto a world of classic literature I had previously ignored. I probably know it by heart and while I don't romanticize it, it's still one of my favourites.


The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare | Splintered Trilogy by A.G. Howard 

The Mortal Instruments grew on me and helped me embrace parts of me that hadn't been represented fully in fiction. I am always thankful for this and the fact that it marks the beginnings of one of my favourite worlds. I can't stress how much it helped me in some less than stellar moments. Splintered is one of the newest finds on this list. I purchased it the day it was released based upon its summary and A.G. Howard has become one of my favourite authors since. It was one of those read-in-one-sitting books. I genuinely ditched sleep to read it. 


The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis | Where Rainbows End/Love Rose by Cecelia Ahern

The Chronicles of Narnia introduced me to fantasy. It was something that was passed to me and it just stuck with me. I was the kid who tried to find an entrance to Narnia everywhere... including in this massive cabinet in my Grandma's bathroom. As for Where Rainbows End, it is my favourite standalone romance and there's something about Rosie's thoughts in her letters and such that feels like parts of my soul are scattered in it.

Honorable Mentions: Anne of Green Gables, The Hate U Give, The Darkest Minds Trilogy, Pretty Little Liars, The Caster Chronicles, If I Stay, Vampire Academy, The Secret Circle Trilogy, The Night Circus, Outlander Series, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, basically every book I have ever loved including To All the Boys I've Loved Before.  
What are the 10 books YOU are most thankful for? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate