Top Ten Tuesday: Standalone Books I Love (#31)

10:44 PM

Long time no TOP TEN TUESDAY. 

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.    


Okay, okay, fine, it hasn't really been that long. Not even a month. To be fair, this past week alone has felt like a years worth of time. For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter, last week was a massive thorn in my side: from the straight up devastating (my friend's mother passed away, after her cancer returned back in September) to the mundane "crappy" things that happened (Amazon thought it was a solid plan to leave my package of A Question of Holmes on my front porch in the wind/rain/didn't knock or ring the doorbell so I didn't know it was delivered and had to chase the package to my neighbor's yard and found it torn and soaked but the book wasn't too badly damaged, it's just wavy now) and, well, you get the point.

Right now, I'm trying to play catch up with my personal life and the blog.

Instead of this weeks topic of choice ("Standalone Books That Need a Sequel") I changed things up a bit. I'm going with the more standard: 10 Standalone Books I Love. In other words, I narrowed it down to only 10 of my favourite standalone novels.

I tried to split it evenly between the more obvious choices, aka books that I'm always talking about or recommending, and ones that I talk about less.

Here we go!







What are some of you favourite standalone books?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate