Blogtober #8 | Top Ten Tuesday: Fictional Friend Groups I Adore + Others I Wouldn't Befriend (#61)

11:07 PM


Happy Tuesday! Ah, I bent this week's topic a bit! Mainly because I actually have something up my sleeve re: character traits and didn't want to go into it before that post goes live! Also, I think I just really fancied the topic of friendship groups in literature--ones that I adore, ones that, well, I don't. Let's do this!


Friend Groups I Adore 
Naturally, I had to start off with the OG. The ride or die. The squad goals that had us all in awe! I think most people my age grew up wanting to be friends with the characters from Harry Potter or have friends like these characters. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom! I know you thought I'd probably lead in with just The Golden Trio, but I wanted to take it a step further. Then, there's the crew in The Darkest Minds trilogy. I mean, who wouldn't want friends like Ruby, Liam, Chubs, Zu and Vida?

10/10, I would totally want to be in just about any friendship combination from The Shadowhunter Chronicles. NO JOKE, give me them all. I'm forever attached to these characters and inserting myself into their fictional friendships. It is what it is! That being said, the next group is from the Addicted, Calloway Sisters and Like Us series. Which, is given the same reasoning/answer as TSC and HP: I love these characters. You guys hear me say it about a dozen times a week but these books are to my twenties what Harry Potter was to me growing up and that really says it all!

Friend Groups I Wouldn't Befriend

I mean, it goes without saying that I'm not a fan of After. Even moreso, I wouldn't want to be friends with characters like Steph and Jace and, well, that's all I'm going to say. Mostly because I don't really remember any of the characters names. Oopsies. And don't even get me started on the friendship between Alex, Mollie and Veronica in Those Girls. Come to think of it, both friendships are the equal amount of toxic, insufferable and downright cruel. Thank you, next.

S.T.A.G.S. is a perfectly good example of how cruel people can be. It takes it to a whole other twisted level. Henry and his crew truly are the worst kind of people--hunters. Like, of people. I love S.T.A.G.S., but I definitely wouldn't befriend THAT group. Lastly, I was going to use the original book series as an example for something in this post because, I mean, my brand. But then I was like, wait, let's talk Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer--the delightfully awful and horror based reimagining of the original book series. If you thought these characters were b-a-d in the books and the show, well, enjoy their murderous counterparts? (I hope Cecily von Ziegesar is having a good day and cackling about this retelling. What an icon.)


What fictional friend groups do you love or hate? 
Find me on Instagram and Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate