These Books Are Still My Happy Place: Wherever You Are was Everything I Needed | Review: Wherever You Are by Krista & Becca Ritchie

4:01 PM

I am (1) Krista and Becca Ritchie trash (2) 98% coffee and show-tunes and (3) human. In that order. So, naturally, I adored Wherever You Are. I'm sad that the Bad Reputation duet is officially over (and held on for as long as I could because I didn't want to say goodbye) but something about reading it made me feel as though I was me again. And in a world so disorienting, this is exactly what I needed.


Wherever You Are
by Krista and Becca Ritchie

I WILL RUIN HER.

You know that old saying “opposites attract” — well, no one ever tells you what happens after the attraction part.

Do opposites stick together forever?

Or do they just self-combust?

And then there’s the third option: someone or something forces them apart.

Look, the third option isn’t happening to us. I will end the bastard who thinks he can keep me from her. I only need to worry about one thing. . .

Epic, soul-crushing self-destruction.
Because I screw up everything I touch.
Even her.


Wherever You Are by Krista and Becca Ritchie 
Rating: ★★★★★

"It should have been me sacrificing time for her, but I bury that guilt. I don't accept it into my life. No more. I'm not going to feel bad for either one of us making time for each other. Because I choose to believe we're stronger than any force in this world. I feel it deeper than I ever have."

If you thought I was tired of the Calloway Verse (which is absolutely what I'm calling it now) you were wrong. I'm back on my bullshit. I'm not sorry. No, I won't be taking any criticism on this. I may be tired of existence a good chunk of the time, but I could never grow tired of these characters. They've become a part of me and that's not something I can escape, nor do I want to. Wherever You Are is proof of that.

Not to go all Daisy Calloway on you guys, but I have this theory that the reason why Krista and Becca Ritchie are some of the only romance authors I like: it's because, structurally, these love stories are just as character driven as passionate. This is the type of love story that focuses on all kinds of love, beyond the romantic and soul-mate variety. The love, and loss of love, of family. The love of friendships and found families and so much more.

In short? I will always admire the way that the pen stories. They are lively and in full colour. I'm always in awe of it. And always, always, always, I find myself connecting with the character's they create.

Much like with the other series that take place in the same world, Bad Reputation is more than just a love story. It's more than its steam. It's more than its declarations of love and hope. So much of it reflects life and all its complexities. As the conclusion of the duet, Wherever You Are had a lot to live up to and it managed to exceed my expectations in the way that only KB can. 

Willow and Garrison's love story has been a top priority for me to see explored, when it comes to the original cast of characters we met within Addicted and Calloway Sisters. Wherever You Are ties into the main series beautifully and fills in the blanks when it comes to their relationship. The tropes that make up their archetypes don't always work for me, but, as always, Krista and Becca Ritchie remain the exception to that

Not only was Wherever You Are moving, romantic and mixed with just the right amount of angst, the story itself is written beautifully. Willow and Garrison's hearts are ever-present and feel very much so like people we know off-page. It is so easy to root for them and their happily ever after. Seeing it all play out was so sentimental and well-worth the wait--Wherever You Are will surely satisfy longtime fans and attract newbies.

I loved every minute of it.

Find me on Instagram, Tik Tok and/or Twitter. I support Black Lives Matter.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate