Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Feel Like They Were Written For Me (#34)

11:00 PM

*Cheering* TUESDAY, TUESDAY, TUESDAY... 

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.


I know what you're thinking--Jessica, STOP skipping topics and changing them. But, to be fair, this is not all that different than what this weeks topic IS???? I SWEAR, I ONLY CHANGED THE WORDING. Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book vs. Books That Feel Like They Were Written For Me: spot the difference!?!

You can't. Right? *whispers* Right?!

All right, fair enough, I REALLY need to calm down. I've had four cups of coffee as I write this. SO. I am mildly slap happy. In my defense, I didn't sleep much this weekend, so I kind of needed it? I'm babbling again, aren't I? Let's pretend I'm not babbling and move forward.

When I was thinking about what novels feel like they were written for me, what I mean to say that these books give me all the feels (!) and they may cause me to either feel faint, melt into the pages, or run around screaming like a banshee.

It could really be ANY number of these things. At the end of the day, these are some of the books that recently have made me sing That's What I Like by Bruno Mars at the author's photograph (kidding, that would be WEIRD, ahem) and that left me wanting to reread almost instantly after.

I am not including the more obvious options of books (Harry Potter, The Shadowhunter Chronicles, etc) because I feel like I list those titles far too often in these sorts of lists. And I'm TRYING to spice things up a little.

Also, I obviously had to be extra and picked 12 books instead of 10. Thank me later. 



Caraval by Stephanie Garber | Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke 


The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert | A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro 


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern | Splintered by A.G. Howard 


The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid | The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin 


Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson | We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

 
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black | Enchantée by Gita Trelease 


 What books do you feel like were written for you?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate