Top Ten Tuesday: Book Cover Freebie (#77)

11:00 PM

Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed by gorgeous cover art. I know next to nothing about art, but I know when something is aesthetically pleasing to me. Basically, this weeks topic just gives me an excuse to chat about some of my favourite covers of the last few years. I'll try to wipe up my own drool, don't worry.

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.  
While I was on #TEAMCRESS (er, am) for the recent reveals of The Lunar Chronicles new covers and stepbacks, my favourite of the new covers is actually for Winter. I'm completely obsessed. Speaking of obsessed--Woven in Moonlight. That's all I can say. I'll let its cover do the rest. *heart eyes emoji*

The Midnight Lie is one of my most anticipated titles of 2020 and I need to read it immediately. I will read pretty much anything Marie Rutkoski releases, if I'm being honest, and The Midnight Lie is her prettiest book yet. And I don't even have to explain why Romanov is on here--that cover OWNS me.

Not only is The Hazel Wood one of my favourite books of all time, the cover is a favourite. It's just so stunning. I love all of the covers in the Puffin in Bloom collection, but recently I've had a soft spot for the edition of Anne of Green Gables.

Leigh Bardugo really set the bar high when it comes to companion story collections. I love fairy-tales and I loved this glimpse into some tales set within the Grishaverse. The cover and artwork in it, too, is stunning. We all know that I'm Cassandra Clare trash--I debated whether I wanted to list the tenth anniversary of City of Bones or Clockwork Angel. I went with City of Bones for no other reason but that it came first. (And also it's blue.)

Wink Poppy Midnight was a book that I bought solely because I am shallow and the cover is beautiful. BUT, IT IS BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT. (And totally wasn't what I expected.) They Both Die at the End was an achingly beautiful, painful story--and its cover is stunning.


Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate