Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My TBR I Predict Will Be 5-Star Reads (#78)

11:00 PM

There are so many books headed our way that I'm 98% sure will be 5-star reads. I hate making early predictions because sometimes I get ahead of myself and overhype something in my mind and then get letdown by it through no fault but my own.

For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries.  



I think that the lowest I've ever rated a Cassandra Clare book was, I don't know, three stars? Chain of Gold is probably going to be five stars. It's been something I've been anticipating for years and years. As a side note, Six Angry Girls looks like it will 100% be my brand. GIVE. ME. IT. NOW. 

Kind of like with Cassandra Clare, I've yet to rate anything by Rick Riordan as low. Right now I'm almost done with the final Percy Jackson and the Olympians novel, and I'm probably going to jump straight into The Lost Hero. I just have a good feeling about it! Only Mostly Devastated is another one of those novels that hits the sweet spot for me just by synopsis and cover. 

While I absolutely despise the cover design for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, I don't doubt that I'll love the story. The Hunger Games was one of those series that shaped a lot of my reading habits. (Edit: Now that we know the general plot of Songbirds, I'm a bit more hesitant and nervous about it. Definitely not going to judge it until I read it, but!) Then, there's Wherever You Are and as you guys know I'm a massive Krista and Becca Ritchie STAN.

I absolutely adored Bloodleaf and I have high-hopes for its sequel Greythorne. And, ah, Loveboat, Taipei has so much praise going for it by authors and readers alike. A lot of who seem to share a similar taste in reads to me. I am definitely throwing my trust in them. It sounds great. 

A Little Life is probably the oldest book on this list. It's also a daunting choice that I always put off. I am convinced I'm going to adore it and I think I want to be in a specific mindset when I do get to it. I hope I'm right! And lastly, Ink in the Blood is another one of my anticipated 2020 reads. It sounds brilliant and magical.

Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate