4:03 PM


Hi guys.

For those of you who know me on a personal level, you know that my Grandpa has been in poor health for quite some time and has spent the majority of the year so far in/out of hospitals. Recently, we found out that his lungs are failing him among other health issues. He is certainly not a youngin', as they say. And last week we found out that he has merely a few months to live and that hospice would, naturally, be taking care of him at home and doing their best to make him comfortable.

During the weekend, he seemingly gave up and hasn't been eating like he should. This is not all that shocking. Even less surprising, he has mostly been in and out of sleep. Because of this, he has been given something of a downgrade in how much time he has -- they, on Sunday, predicted he has only a week now. These things can't be predicted to an exact, but in this case I think it's pretty close to how much time he has.

Today's update consisted of the nurse telling us that she now believes he only has a few more days of actually being alert (if that's what you call it) and that I must get down to Virginia within the next three days if I want to say my goodbyes to him. So, I am currently scraping together enough money to travel/stay at a hotel (it's a 14+ hour drive) and I'm not quite sure how long I will be there. This all came out of the blue and progressed quite a lot faster than we'd all thought it would but I wanted to make sure I posted this message so no one thinks I am inactive.

I will be trying to read to distract myself while there, so while I won't be posting reviews for the time being: I will be reading. I have quite a few reviews I've started to write, because my ARC pile is large, but I just can't focus on them at this time.

In the meantime, you can find me on Twitter or my fandom Tumblr if you should need anything.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate