4:05 PM

twn The Witch Narratives Reincarnation (Land of Enchantment Trilogy #1) by Belinda Vasquez Garcia | Rating: ★★★★☆

“I fear nothing. Neither you nor any of your kind can hurt me. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but humanity will never break me.”

From 2014. This book was won via Goodreads First Read Program. This in no way effects my review or alters my opinions on the novel at hand.

Okay... so, let me just think of two words to describe this excellent book. Oh, yes! I've got it! WHOA and UNDERRATED. Seriously, I'm so in love. This is the perfect introduction to the series and it will blow your god damned mind. I'm telling you -- I couldn't stop talking about it or thinking about it after I flipped the final pages. I'm still recovering from it. I'll probably still be gushing about it next year or the year after that and... Oh, God, I'm rambling. Can I have more, now? Please?

It started off a bit slow for me, I couldn't connect with it at the very start of it for whatever reason, but when it got into its groove I'm telling you guys -- it got into its groove. I have to include that there are a lot of things that are triggering in it, so while I enjoyed it, I feel the need to warn you that topics in here may include: death, incest and sexual abuse. Please, please, do not put yourself in harms way if any of these topics have the potential to bring in unfortunate memories for you.

That being said. Belinda's writing skills, her detailing, are on an entire level of excellence when it comes down to how she wrote this, the world she describes is breathtaking and frightening it chills you to the bone. It's the excellent addition to anyone's bookshelves if you, like me, love any and all things witchy and are craving something with more diversity, more chills and more intrigue than what the genre often has to offer.


There's something so different, frightening and overall striking about this novel, it will blow your mind. It gives any other books in this genre a run for its money and well... frankly, it puts everything else to shame. It's THAT good.

I can't say much without spoiling it, or bordering on rabid fangirl, but I couldn't put it down. We're talking: I, Jessica Elizabeth, was reading this book straight up non stop and every chance I had the day I got it. And I almost entirely ignored all responsibilities until I was finished. It's a terrifying, it holds nothing back and tosses the reader into a plot that is so intriguing you find yourself catching your breath. It is rich and incredibly fascinating tale from a different time that is unlike anything I've ever read before.

When I finished it, I all but threw it at my best friend and shouted, "READ! NOW!"; he listened and devoured it at the same speed I did. We couldn't stop talking about it. (He says hello and buy this book, by the way!) For days, it never left our minds. We just couldn't stop thinking about it. Yes, Belinda's work captivated us and drew us into the struggles and the inner demons and the tale that followed. You see growth in characters, you watch them drown in darkness and troubles and so much. You see evil take over and separate friendships. It's indescribable to watch this story unfold and my review, no one's review, will be of much help. It's something you have to read to understand.

This is a can't miss novel. This is a series, a trilogy, we should all be working hard to give more exposure to. I'm serious! It's one of the best novels I've read when it comes down to its genre and it's so deserving of hype. Belinda Vasquez Garcia, thank you for the obvious effort and research you put into this novel. Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing such an intriguing story of darkness and more. Just... thank you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate