Review: Imperfect, A Collection of Poetry by Willow Winters

9:21 PM

Imperfect: A Collection of Poetry by Willow Winters | Rating: ★☆☆☆☆

I should start with one thing. I've not read the novel that this collection of poetry was inspired by. So, if you are a fan of this particular release, I'd say to not take my review seriously. Honestly--take what I say with a grain of salt. I am not going to lie to you and said I loved this collection or the works featured within it. Because I just couldn't connect with it in the way that I need to when reading poems.

I didn't find it compelling. I did not hate it, but it felt like a release I'd read a hundred times over. This, perhaps, is because I read a lot of poetry. I felt like there was little to no life behind the words and that it just wasn't living up to the potential it had. If I had a bit more context and read the original novel, I feel as though I might feel the same disappointment in it.

Willow Winters is by no means a bad writer. I can see her prose shine in the sentences but only in fragments. You know what I mean? It was there, somewhere, hidden beneath the surface. Imperfect lacked a genuine vibe to it for me. That does not mean it won't for you, her, or the fans. Because, at the end of the day, it just was not my cup of tea.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate