A Sinfully Beautiful Installment of Jane Cobalt and Thatcher Moretti's Love Story | Review: Sinful Like Us by Krista & Becca Ritchie

8:57 PM

You guys have probably already seen this review on Goodreads because I COMPLETELY SPACED and forgot to cross-post here. BUT, if not, hi, hello, it is time for my regularly scheduled Krista and Becca Ritchie fangirl fest/freakout.


About
HOW CAN IT BE WRONG
IF IT FEELS SO GOOD


Dating an American princess comes with a massive amount of baggage–all of which I’m willing to carry strapped on my back in quicksand and through seven hells. But Jane Cobalt’s baggage, I’m unprepared for. It comes in the form of her five equally famous and notoriously hard-to-please brothers. 
  
I want Jane. 
Completely. 
Unconditionally. 

But when there’s a trip scheduled that I can’t be a part of, I only have one option. It’s immoral. 
Something I’d never consider until now. 

But, hell, there’s got to be some perks to being a twin. So I’m doing it. I’m switching places with my brother. 

Done and done. 

It should have been easy. 

There were little consequences. 

Until the storm hit. 



Sinful Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Rating: ★★★★★

"It shouldn't matter why you feel uncomfortable, just that you feel uncomfortable at all. That's enough."

First thing's first: YES, this review took me almost two months. Sinful Like Us was one of my most anticipated reads this year (tied with both Tangled Like Us and Headstrong Like Us) and sometimes, it takes me a while to sort out my feelings for the books I love. But, I always get there in the end and here's the bottom line: I loved Sinful Like Us. A LOT. And it made me super emotional just how much I loved it in the end, because it felt like such a satisfying, yet bittersweet, HEA for Jane Cobalt and Thatcher Moretti.

The Like Us series is such an indulgent, and charismatic, gem of a spin-off. Sure, it is very flawed and has its issues, that others have pointed out, but it's a definite staple in my NA library. It's a certified fact that I'd read anything put out by Krista and Becca Ritchie. While my true preference lay with the Addicted and Calloway Sisters series, I've got a major soft spot for this series and their relationships its spawned. How could I not?

As always, Sinful Likes Us packs that emotional punch that the dynamic duo are known, and adored, for. It takes us on a romantic, angsty, escapist journey as Jane and Thatcher navigate their still-fairly-new love. Both Jane and Thatcher remain as they always were: fully fleshed, flawed, and utterly likable. Their chemistry is off the charts. Their hearts are on their sleeves. Their love for one another reaches new highs, and sometimes, new lows, but it makes them all the more reachable. As always, their relationship holds the spotlight but we see our favourites flourish in their own ways as side characters; creating the perfect balance.

At first, I was a little worried for the next chapter in this bodyguard romance because I didn't want it to fall flat of my expectations but I should have known better: Krista and Becca Ritchie always hit the right notes for me. I was also nervous due to the twin-switch plotline, but it wasn't as central to the story as I expected it to be. I was even concerned, to a degree, that Jane would continue to struggle with her "lack of a passion", but I'm really happy knowing where she ended up and what her future holds. There's this optimistic tone to where her path resides and I really, really, really enjoyed her growth as an individual--she came so far by the end of Sinful Like Us!

The same can be said for Thatcher. He is, without a doubt, one of my favourites, and the biggest surprise, in the Like Us series. Not only has he grown in the most personal of ways, like Jane, his career path has developed even further. I loved seeing the balancing act he puts on with his job, and his newfound social life. As always, his relationship with his twin, Banks, is a highlight, and his lovestory with Jane is ever-growing. Yet, I think, the biggest highlight for me when it comes to Thatcher is the growing bond with Farrow. It reminds me, to a small degree, of that skepticism turned reluctant respect and eventual friendship of Loren Hale and Ryke Meadows.

As always, my favourite scenes in the novel varied. From the steamy, to the emotionally complex and moving, to the angst--there was so much I adored about Sinful Like Us. I found the emotions to be on high with this particular installment, as Jane and Thatcher struggle to find their center, and the 'fiery' near-end that they face in the final quarter.

But, I think, the biggest highs were when we saw the characters come together and just be the family we've come to know and love through the generations. There's a scene towards the end of Sinful Like Us where Jane comes to two massive realizations--in the presence of the three women who raised her: Rose, Lily and Daisy, that made my heart soar so high I wasn't sure it'd ever come down.

Most of all, I loved seeing the dynamic of the Cobalt family explored even further. Which surely comes as no shock given the fact that they are my favourite fictional family of all time.

All three of the main families set in this universe would walk through hell and back for each other, and that is what I love most about this series, but the Cobalt's will always be my ride or die. Seeing the way they all rallied together for Beckett, and his suspected drug-use, was heartwarming and achingly pure. Watching as they tested Thatcher, to see if he was worthy of Jane, was strangely amusing (if not a little gross at one particular point) and very on brand for the family as a whole.

Ultimately, I really enjoyed Sinful Like Us and have been feeling the warm and fuzzies ever since. Krista and Becca Ritchie's characters are forever amongst some of my most beloved, and this novel is no exception to this fact. If you love familial dynamics, fiery romances, and ride or die connections, this book is a must-read. 


Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate