Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Cozy Up to this Winter (#70)

11:11 PM

This weeks topic was a freebie. I originally was like: YES, let's do one about festive covers. The bad news is all the festive covers I can think of were in last weeks post. So, then I was like, oh let's go with books that remind me of SNOW and WINTER. That's simple enough, right? WRONG-O. My brain was not having it. So, I went generic and said, let's just list some cozy book for wintry nights. And that's apparently where I took this weeks topic.


For those of you who are new to my blog, or the book blogging community, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, originating over at the Broke and the Bookish, and is exactly what its title hints at. Each week we're given a topic to explore in our entries. 

I just finished The Starless Sea audiobook last week (thanks, Libro FM!) and it was such a cozy little read. The Night Country isn't out until January, but I finished my eARC of it the other day and it was SO good. (The Hazel Wood is one of my favourites of all time, though, so I'm probably biased!)

Okay, fine, I haven't read Ninth House yet. BUT. It's Leigh Bardugo, it's dark and it seems like it'll be a great read for the winter months. I'm excited to get to it! The Queen of Nothing was something I devoured almost instantly and Holly Black is ALWAYS a good idea.

Serpent & Dove wasn't my favourite book of the year BUT it is so dark and atmospheric it is the perfect autumn/winter reads. House of Salt and Sorrows is one of those retellings that BEGS to be read during autumn or winter.

Tarnished Are the Stars was one of my favourite books of 2019! I'd even dare to call it one of my favourites of the decade. While my feelings towards House of Night, the original series, are lukewarm and quite different than they were back in the day, its spin-off: House of Night: Other World was fantastic.

If you're looking for something fluffy and cozy, Well Met has you covered. It's one of my favourite rom-coms of the year. And while we're on the topic of fluffy and cozy, if you've yet to read Red, White and Royal Blue yet... now you must! 

Find me on Instagram and/or Twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate