Owl Post: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling & Jim Kay

4:26 PM

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you'll have already noticed that my illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban finally came around today and I'm so beyond stoked to dive back into the wizarding world of Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling was, naturally, one of the most prominent authors in my childhood and it brings me great pleasure knowing that I still love this series even after all these years. I've loved the previous two illustrated editions of Rowling's novels but this is the one I've been waiting for--Prisoner of Azkaban was always my favourite of the series.

Seeing Jim Kay bring J.K. Rowling's words and wizarding world come to life is a dream come true. I love the way he breathes a new sort of life into her stories and characters; creating a lush setting of colours and magic for new and old readers alike. I'm huge on seeing pretty much anyone's artistic vision when it comes to adapting the series and I can never tire of it. Kay's vision is one of the best.

In honor of its arrival, I took a few pictures of it--because, obviously. It's too pretty not to try. And as I have a free day today, and it's cool and rainy, I am going to keep myself busy swooning over the illustrations and getting reacquainted with my favourite world.

Obligatory, "thank you, J.K. Rowling for my childhood." 



Of the three illustrated editions, which one is your favourite? Which of the rest are you most looking forward to? I can't wait to see them all but I'm so ready for the Order of the Phoenix to crush me emotionally in a couple of years. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate