Wrap-Up: April, 2019

10:30 AM

How the heck did April already come and go?



What do you mean it's MAY?! WhaT?! But, some bright and shiny and fantastic news: MY DAD FOUND A JOB! I know some of you probably know this already if you follow me on Twitter, but! All of a sudden, after six months of being unemployed, and hearing basically nothing from a lot of companies, my dad's phone and LinkedIn were BLOWING UP.

Last month alone he had at the very least twelve varied forms of interviews. Mostly in the last two or so weeks. Including many phone and in person interviews. Finally, it seemed like three were pretty keen on hiring him and they were. With the offers on the table, he settled on one company that is very similar to his previous one and one of their bigger rivals which is fantastic.

I'm petty, you know? So, I was definitely living. That being said, he is now in the process of getting it all sorted over there. Drug test and background test were earlier this week and he should be starting the job as early as next week or as late as mid-May.

It goes without saying that I am feeling less weighed down and more like myself. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has listened to my very vocal anxiety over the last six months and a bigger thank you to everyone who has reached out personally to listen or donated to my family on Paypal. So, thank you, thank you, thank you, for your kindness and well wishes--I'd have not survived if not for you.

This includes everyone who commented even briefly or merely liked my tweets.

I saw and appreciated it all.

Special thank you to Becca, Sammy, Kayle and Loretta for those various reasons. Whether it was lending me money for necessities I couldn't cover on my own or listening/understanding my concerns, you guys really came through for me.

That being said--April was surprisingly productive for me! I've been reading a lot this year because I've had to cut back on a lot of things financially so I've devoted more time to reviewing ARCS and a few library books. I'm a fast reader in general but with my social life on pause, I've had a lot of my free time be taken up with books.



 Favourite Books Read + Reviewed:

 Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid | Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy | Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith  
Other Books Read + Reviews: 


The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren | Wizard for Hire by Obert Skye | Apprentice Needed by Obert Skye 


Necessary People by Anna Pitoniak | Unearthly by Cynthia Hand| 180 Seconds by Jessica Park 


A Song for the Stars by Ilima Todd  | Quests & Quandaries by Alda Yuan | Rise by Mark S. Moore


 Love-Lines by Sheri Langer | The Splooge Factory by Christina Springer |  Every Moment After by Joseph Moldover 

The Posts, Recaps and Tags:

 Here's to hoping May is just as active!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate